Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Randomly Cut Off

This is a discussion on Randomly Cut Off within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; No net connection all of a sudden. The tick is not lit on the router. I ring Sky, oh you ...

v500dj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Randomly Cut Off

No net connection all of a sudden. The tick is not lit on the router. I ring Sky, oh you have been disconnected, we will have to re order broadband. Ok i say, until he tells me I have to wait till 5th November!!!If its that easy to cut me off its easy to re connect. They put it down to a mistake on their part. What a bunch of ****ers

2. Advertisement
      TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Randomly Cut Off

Quote Originally Posted by v500dj View Post
      No net connection all of a sudden. The tick is not lit on the router. I ring Sky, oh you have been disconnected, we will have to re order broadband. Ok i say, until he tells me I have to wait till 5th November!!!If its that easy to cut me off its easy to re connect. They put it down to a mistake on their part. What a bunch of ****ers
      I'm not sure if you're talking about the staff but this is a recognised problem. There is nothing that the staff you speak to can do, no matter how much you shout at them. see here - its a system issue which completely ceases the broadband, and unfortunately, there is no way the reactivation can be sped up.

I could be wrong, maybe you were understandably frustrated but managed to remember that they are just humans but thats not how your post comes across.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

v500dj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSx View Post
      I'm not sure if you're talking about the staff but this is a recognised problem. There is nothing that the staff you speak to can do, no matter how much you shout at them. see here - its a system issue which completely ceases the broadband, and unfortunately, there is no way the reactivation can be sped up.

I could be wrong, maybe you were understandably frustrated but managed to remember that they are just humans but thats not how your post comes across.
      I wasn't remotely abusive to staff, I understand when its out of their hands, thats it. Sky as a firm I am unhappy with as this shouldn't be allowed to happen

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thats fine then - in this case, Sky as a firm are pretty poor - its a systems problem that they are well aware of and haven't fixed. So I agree but unfortunately, there is no 'quick solution', you'll have to wait till November :|
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3