Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SKY and the Disabled

This is a discussion on SKY and the Disabled within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Hi All only joined today and already found some great threads with really useful info. I am a multi room ...

thepirate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01277
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: SKY and the Disabled

Hi All only joined today and already found some great threads with really useful info.
      I am a multi room user with HD,Sky+ and digibox with BB to boot which i have had for 18mths with no probs at all.
      My problem is that i recently purchased the freesat with 4mth mix option for my mother & father inlaw because they are both partially sighted and recently gained great joy at the Audio Description on my system.
      After being fitted they explained to the sky engineer that they needed AD set up, which he duly did. So the AD programmes are highlighted in the EPG, the system 'beeps' to let them know its available but it doesn't come on. Pressing help brings up the banner but AD always has 'not available'.
      After many calls to technical and another box (Grudig replacing Thompson) still no joy, although we have found that repeated programmes (like the soaps omnibus) will have it.
      Could any of you techy wizards help out so that M&D inlaw can have the enjoyment they deserve.

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Proppinupthebar is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Locks Heath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: 2*Sky+, Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: SKY and the Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by thepirate View Post
      Could any of you techy wizards help out so that M&D inlaw can have the enjoyment they deserve.

Thanks in advance.
      If no-one from Sky replies then I know someone who works for them who maybe can help. Details on programmes highlighted as white which then do not have AD programs would help, channel numbers, dates and times.

As I understand it its likely a mistake in the EPG which says theres AD available when the program doesn't carry it. But my friend will check and confirm if given examples.
      Last edited by richone54; 09-05-08 at 08:25 PM. Reason: removed full quote

thepirate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01277
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: SKY and the Disabled

Not sure if anyone has looked at this but we now have a solution, which im will share with you here.

I contacted the accessability helpline and they informed that to have the AD on the programme being watched it needs to be on the region in which it's being watched. I.E. ITV for the eastern region is on 993.
      Sky teccies need to be aware of this so that they can inform their customers in the future.
      Hope this helps some of you for the future.
      Last edited by richone54; 09-05-08 at 08:24 PM. Reason: removed preceeding quote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12