Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Lack of support

This is a discussion on Lack of support within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; As a SKY BB user with no problems my brother decided to change over to Sky, He was on Virgin ...

dazw30 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cheltenham
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Broadband
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Lack of support

As a SKY BB user with no problems my brother decided to change over to Sky,

He was on Virgin so cancelled his Virgin contract got his BT landline reinstalled, & ordered Sky TV, Broadband & Sky talk.

All usual letters sent to him confirming dates etc, Dish fitted when stated etc, Broadband to be activated on 8th Aug. Router arrived on 4th Aug

Set up Router for him on 10th Aug all lights on router showing, But no access to net, Went into admin on router page no IP address shown.

Call to Sky tech & was told that had to wait 3 days after inital connection date to allow for cooling off period (What rubbish)

So waited till 12th Aug & tried again & still nothing, another call to Sky & was told that was fault at exchange & whole cheltenham area was out, which I replied with utter rubbish as I was on same exchange & my service was ok. After tech guy spoke with someone else was told that fault was with Card at exchagne & to wait 5 hours fo fault to be fixed.

So waited 5 hours & still nothing, another call to Sky & was told that still a fault with card at exchange & nothing else they could do with no expected date of being fixed.

So used the email address for James Murdoch & within 24 hours received a reply from Customer servies saying they are looking in to fault & sorry for delay. Yesterday still not heard anything from them so emailed again & recceived a reply within 2 hours stating fault was still being investigated with no date of being fixed.

From what I read on here I assume it lies with BT but does anyone know why does it takes so long for BT to fix faults & do Sky keep an eye on outstanding faults or to you have to keep chasing them. It's a real pain that customers cannot contact BT to tell them to pull there finger out.

Anyone got advice on how to ensure Sky make sure fault is fixed.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSRAD
      Broadband ISP: NOWTV Fab Fibre
      Router: NOWTV Hub 2
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks

Re: Lack of support

once a fault is logged to BT Sky at in their hands - just gotta wait...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

sat.guy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: sky hd, sky +
      Thanks

i chould be wrong but i do not think the fault will be with the card at the bt exchange as they fix them faults very quick as it cost them loads of cash for them to be down as there are many customers on one card
      i think the problem is with the router as there was a batch of routers sent out that need to be added to the system properly as this is what happend to a friend of mine they spoke to a tier 3 at bb support who was a very nice lady she added the router to the list and it was working in 3 hours
      hope this will help
      all infomation i give is advice only

Regards
      Sat.guy

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

We had a fault with our card at the exchange with voice calls (the broadband was fine) and we are BT customers for the phone calls.

It took BT 10 days to have somebody come round to check my wiring (which was fine) then another 5 days to go to the exchange and get the card replaced and then a week later somebody at the exchange put our old card back in and we had to go through it all again!

Frankly BT is completely rubbish and it doesn't matter if you are with BT or not they will just muck you about stupid.

LinkBacks (?)