Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package? within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Hi there New member so sorry if its been covered. I joined Sky Connect (17 Pounds a month) in October ...

greggymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hayes
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package?

Hi there

New member so sorry if its been covered.

I joined Sky Connect (17 Pounds a month) in October 2006 after I stupidly believed a line from the sales woman that the Free, Mid and Max package would definitely be available on my exchange by December 2006 and that when it was available my subscription would be automatically transferred onto the Mid package costing only 5 pounds a month.

I was reluctant to shell out 17 pounds a month but after the sales lady assured me it would only be for a couple of months I agreed to sign up.

I have an email sent from SKY Broadband which states that "as soon as Sky Broadband is in your area, we'll automatically switch you to the Mid package"

Checking my Exchange I found that it was unbundled on 08 February 2007 and people on my exchange have been receiving the Free, Mid and Max since March this year but 5 months later I still have not been "automatically" switched to the Mid package and am still paying 17 pounds for Connect.

I have complained to SKY through all the channels for the last 4 months that I'm paying 17 pounds when my neighbours are paying 5 pounds for the same service but they don't want to know and say that they are "getting round to" transferring sky connect users to the Mid package.

That hardly seems the same as "We'll transfer you automatically" ?

My question is has anyone out there actually been "automatically" transferred from Sky Connect to the Mid package or is it just not in SKY's interest to transfer us as they are quite happy to collect an extra 12 pounds a month from Connect users?

Cheers

Greg
      Last edited by greggymagic; 17-07-07 at 02:44 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package?

I was on the £5 Connect package and like you I found out that my exchange had been unbundled, but the very next day an order for my move to Mid had been automatically placed (I checked via the BT order checker site) and a week later I was on the Mid package. No phones calls or emails were needed.

My Brothers exchange was unbundled on the same day and as far as I know he is still on the £5 Connect product, although he had only been with Sky about a month so I don't know if this means anything.

Going back to your situation - there was somebody else on here that was paying £17 for Connect when his neighbours were only paying a fiver. After he found his exchange had been unbundled he kept calling Sky until they moved him onto the Max product.

D24601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sutton-In-Ashfield
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package?

Yep same as Alan B, i was on £5 connect,but noticed on last months sky statement,it now says "MID" & i did nothing to change it,But when you think about it,they will get all the £5 connects to mid ASAP,but prob will not be in a rush to move the ones paying £17 after all its loosing em £12 p/m per customer aint it,So if i were you i would keep calling them to get it changed
      D

CLEVEPALMER is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425 (NEW MILTON)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Has anyone been automatically transferred from SKY Connect to the MID package?

Hi,
      I recently noticed my account page showed I was now on the 'mid' package, having previously been paying for Connect at the £5 month special offer. As I hadn't been notified, I rang Sky who confirmed that I have been transferred, although you would have thought maybe they would have notified me. On looking when my B.T. exchange had been unbundled it was only about 2 weeks before my transfer. Incidentally, I found out my Connect subscription was just about to be increased to £17month as it seems the offer was only for the first six months - this was never told to me when I took out the subscription !
      My connection is alot more intermittent now since the change, especially in the evenings when I find my connection is in and out like a yo yo.

mickyboy22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01388
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Greggymagic and anyone else,

I have been scammed by Sky with the Connect Package. I received a leaflet in the post in January 07. Come back to Sky and enjoy Sky TV, Sky Talk and Broadband for £20.

I thought this was too good to believe so I rang to check. Yep, I would receive all 3 at £20. I left it for a week and then rang back to check again, (I am suspicious). Again, a Skybod confirmed the price but then checked my area code and said and I quote "Sky broadband is not in your area yet, so for Customers in your position, we can offer you the Connect package which is normally £17, for £5. We should be in your area within 6 months" I then asked what would happen in six months and I was told, "you will still pay £5".

So I made the mistake of subscribing. After a switch on two weeks later,,,,, about six weeks later I received a letter saying welcome to Sky and thankyou for subscribing to the Connect package at £17, I pay a total £32 per month,, £17 broadband and £15 for 2 TV mix packages.

I have tried since then, via phone calls, e-mails, and letters to try and get what I was offered by two different Sky employees. I even stopped my direct debit and they shut down my service and then they started with the debt collectors routine.

I rang up again to try and resolve the situation and the guy that I spoke to said, yes you have been mis-sold the product, it is down to training issues, (of their people), we need to credit you £12 per month but it will have to be authorised by someone higher than me. Someone will call you in 3 or 4 days to confirm. This was a month ago and no one called me.

I received a bill for my next two months and it is for the full £17, but it shows a credit of £12. I rang last night to try and discuss this but got through to a guy called Carl who just was not listening. He told me my request had been refused (thanks for notifying me) and I would have to pay the £17 each month. He said "the £12 credit was a gesture of goodwill". This idiot was saying to me that the £5 offer did not apply to me because Sky were not in my area. But when I tried to explain to him that the whole point of the Connect £5 offer was to entice people to join, who Sky could not offer the Base, Mid, or Max package to, but he could not grasp that.

When I told him I wanted to cancel broadband he said I could not as it was linked to the Sky TV package and it had to run for 12 months before I could cancel. I said that Sky employees had mis-sold me the product but he just ignored this.

I asked him when Sky broadband would be in my area (01388) and he just said "we don't know, when BT advise us".

So, I am totally sick of Sky Customer Service attitude. Does anyone know how to find out when an area will get a switch on date?

Mickyboy22

mdod is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Armley
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I phoned 08705 515 515 option 1, option 5, at 8:15 on Monday morning.
      The call was answered on the first ring by an unbelievably polite young man who agreed instantly to move me from Connect to Mid. The call which took less than 3 minuets went so smoothly that the cynic in me was convinced that I was just being wound up yet again. But 4 hours later, the BT order tracker was showing date due 24 Jul.

Itís taken since 21 September to get some action, letís hope it was worth all the effort.

greggymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hayes
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

To Mickyboy 22

Your situation sounds pretty similar to mine with the sales team just telling you bare faced lies.

The only reason I signed up to Sky Connect was because the Sales lady guaranteed that regular Sky broadband would be in my area by December 2006 (which would have been 2 months later!) and that when it was I would be automatically transferred.

You can check your exchange situation by using the website Samknows.com as I did on recommendation from anothes skyuser forum member (thankyou).......not that it will help you with Sky Customer services as my exchange was unbundled in February yet SKY haven't switched me to the Mid package despite written letters, emails and phone calls.

I would be interested to hear if this mis-selling (lies) is widespread and again appeal for someone who was on the £17 Sky connect service who has actually been transferred to the cheaper £5 Mid package. They seem to transfer £5 Sky connect users as soon as the exchange has been unbundled but do not bother if you are paying £17 a month - presumably as it is not in their interest....

Cheers

Greg

gary g is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Runcorn Main
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Greg
      I signed up in Oct 06 and they put me on the connect package at £17 per month. My exchange was unbundled in feb 07. I rang uop a couple of times, they did the same to me, fobbed me off saying it would happen shortly. I looked on this site and found an e mail address for a certain Mr James Murdoch. I sent him a polite e mail explaining everything to him. This is what i got back..............................

Thanks for your email below addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for the problems you've experienced since signing up with Sky Broadband and Sky Talk, and I'm sorry that you feel let down by us. Please allow me this opportunity to respond.

At the moment, even though a customer's exchange has been updated with our network, if a customer is on our Connect package we're not in a position to transfer them onto our network. We are working on doing this and this will be done in bulk at some point in the future. When we have changed you over we'll contact you in writing and let you know this has been done. You'll be automatically changed over to the Mid package and you'll have a month to let us know if you would prefer a different package.

Please allow me to explain that the process of migrating customers from our ADSL service, ie Connect, to our unbundled packages is more complicated than providing a new broadband order. I understand your frustration that your exchange has been unbundled since you joined us on Connect however, we're not in a position to put you onto Base, Mid or Max.

Nevertheless, as you know we've recently launched a promotion whereby customers who are on Connect but their exchange has either already been unbundled or will be unbundled before 1 July 2007 can receive the Connect package at £5 a month. So, I've put you onto this promotion and from now on you will receive Connect at £5 instead of £17 a month. Once the process is in place to migrate you onto our packages, we'll send you a letter.

In relation to Sky Talk, it would appear that unfortunately your order was stuck and has not progressed as it should have done. I've arranged for Sky Talk to be resubmitted, and you should receive confirmation of this through the post in due course. I can confirm that you've not been charged for Sky Talk. If you wish to view your recent billings, please carry out the following instructions to view your statement through your digibox:

Press the Interactive button on your remote control
      From this menu use your arrow key to highlight Sky Customer Service and press Select
      Highlight View Your Sky Statement using your arrow key and press Select
      For your own privacy, you will then be asked to select a 4-digit PIN number (of your choice) then press Select. Each time you enter this service, you will be asked to enter your PIN number.

You will then able to go online and view your statements. If you would prefer to receive a monthly paper statement, you can choose to do so, online and free of charge using your digibox, by following the above instructions and selecting the Request Paper Statement option. Alternatively, please call us free on 0800 587 5707 and have your viewing card number ready.

We want all our customers to receive the best service possible and I'm sorry that we've let you down in this instance. In view of the time and trouble you've taken, I've applied a viewing credit of £20 to your Sky account with my compliments.

Finally Mr ********, I'd like to thank you for your patience and kind understanding. If you've any further concerns, please feel free to contact me on the above email address.

Kind regards

Sheila Heeps
      Customer Relations

I was automatically transferred onto the mid package approx early June 07 without anybody sending me an e mail or letter. As the posts have said keep checking on the BT site if it has been ordered.

I can't remember where i got James Murdoch's e mail address from, and don't know if the promotion is still on.

Good luck, and i'll try and find that e mail address.