Results 1 to 2 of 2
This is a discussion on Advice Needed within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; I signed up with Sky in December 06 after being with NTL for 3 years because at the time of ...
- 02-07-07, 08:25 PM #1
I signed up with Sky in December 06 after being with NTL for 3 years because at the time of moving property Sky were offering a good deal. I signed up for the 6 mix TV programmes which I am happy about but my complaint is with the broadband.
I could only get Sky connect at the time so I paid the £40 connection fee and was told it would only be a couple of months till I was able to go to either the mid or max package, it would be done automatically. On my activation date according to your availability web site I was able to get all the packages but when I rang up I was told they were not available so the way I look at things that is kind of a bit of false advertising.
I rang again in February and was told I was able to go to the mid package, so at the same time I signed up with Sky Talk as my bill would be reduced. Since then I have had none stop problems with Sky Broadband Services. In March I rang again as my broadband was still on Connect, I was then told that the person I spoke to should not have said I could go to the mid package and messed up my broadband account. I was then told that my broadband account would be cancelled and when that was done I should ring up and ask to be connected to either the mid or max package which would take about up to 2 weeks to do, at that stage I was not very happy and rang your complaints department and I received my £40 connection fee back and a months free sky viewing. I did really appreciate that but the problem is still going on. I rang up again on 8th May and was told my account was still stating Pending Cancellation which was over 40 days and it should not be like that. I was told that a Data 6 form was being sent and that I would be contacted within 7 working days. 9 Days had gone by and still no contact from Sky regarding this. I rang up again and was then told the exchange for my area is now full, but it was not full when I first rang up to go to either the mid or max package. When I was speaking to someone in the order status department he told me that a new Migration Department had opened and they are dealing with upgrading people now and that I should ring back in about 10 days to see the order status on my account he also said according to what he was seeing on his screen that I did not have a broadband account and was not being charged, but I am still paying for Sky Connect according my statements from Sky.
I know it is not the call centre staff’s fault as they are only limited on things but I am really getting very annoyed about what is happening with the Broadband. I normally do not complain about things but this is now becoming beyond a joke.
This letter was sent to Sky Head Office on 22nd May and guess what still no reply to my complaint. Any further advice on what I can do next will be appreciated.
- 02-07-07, 09:34 PM #2
Re: Advice Needed
Not much, if the accounts pending cancellation, they're going the same way as other system problems and taking 2-3 months to get cleared from accounts... If it was escalated on the 8th of May, chances are you're looking at the 8th August as a sort of maximum date, although other things (it not being escalated correctly, it being escalated on a later call) could make this longer.
The one thing you could try is this - give order status a ring, ask them what its been escalated for - I have a feeling they'll say Pending Cancel or something like that. Next, ask them if there are Sky tags on your line and make sure they check. If there are, ask them if its been escalated for a 'cease request' and if not, get them to do it as thats what'll be neccesary...
A new migration department has opened which does transfers automatically - CS can do transfers/migrations/regrades, but if they go wrong, everything goes wrong...
Pending Cancel usually does mean you're charged as well, so probably worth ringing CS with a statement in hand (presuming you're not actually getting a service)