Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Registration giving false results?

This is a discussion on Registration giving false results? within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; I registered for sky broadband which said all the broadband packages were available in my area. I subsequently received an ...

GEORGEB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Registration giving false results?

I registered for sky broadband which said all the broadband packages were available in my area.
      I subsequently received an email with a band code saying I could purchase broadband. However, when I rang up they said only the expensive connect package was available to me and none of the cheaper ones.
      So now I don't know when I can purchase the Base or Mid packages as the registration process is apparently giving false results.
      Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Advertisement
      Andy_G is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAROC
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Pop over to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php
      and input your phone number and postcode.
      On the exchange status screen, see if Easynet LLU is enabled at your exchange, if it is, you can get all Sky broadband packages.

ely63 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry

Yes I have just been screwed. I was paying 9.75/month with bulldog and cancelled my account and went to BT so I could get on to the sky mid package. I was told it was available.

After my BT line was activated, i called to register with sky only to be told that sky is available in my area but there is no capacity, so i would need to register for BT connect until capacity is available. Unfortunately they are unable to tell you when that is.

All I could find out is that more and more lines are being unbundled every month, but they don't know how many or what the demand is (ie if demand outstrips capacity unbundled you could be paying 17/month forever).

I refused to go on BT connect out of principle first of all, and on the grounds that's it's 20 connection MORE than I bargained for, and the actual monthly cost is 7 more expensive than my previous provider and they can't tell me how long I would need to wait. So if I take sky I am at least 27 worse off (plus 7 for each month I wait), if I go with another provider I have to pay 47 connection fee and more than I paid before for bulldog, waiting to switch to sky and pay another connection fee, if I go back to bulldog I am tied in for 12 months and I have to pay BT a penalty because now I have a 12 mth contract with them. Not only that, I would need to give bulldog 1 month notice so probably by the time I cancell with them for a second time the sky situation would be exactly the same, ie I missed out on my window of opportunity.

So no matter what I do, I am always out of pocket, when the whole idea was to spend half as much.

So much so for customer service.

I have complained to sky but they won't make allowances the only way to get on the waiting list is to register with the expensive package first. Shame they don't tell you that before they screw you over.

Ely