Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The truth from the inside.

This is a discussion on The truth from the inside. within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Right here goes... Ever phoned up Sky Broadband's Order Status/Provisioning department on 1 then 3 and been completely fobbed off ...

SkySpook007 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The truth from the inside - SKY BROADBAND PROVISIONING / ORDER STATUS

Right here goes...

Ever phoned up Sky Broadband's Order Status/Provisioning department on 1 then 3 and been completely fobbed off from someone who a)is usually completely clueless, b)doesn't care about their crappy 6 an hour job, c)is completely unhelpful and d)lies and cowpats alot?

If the answer is yes, then you probably spoke to one of the complete idiots in my department.

Things you may like to know about us.

Provisioning/Order Status agents ARE NOT Sky employees.

We work for The Listening Company (TLC) an outsourced call centre where Provisioning and Order Status issues are dealt with at our Richmond and Portsmouth bases.

We do 8 days of training at 5.50 an hour and get paid 6 for working on the call floor. Training consists of a basic introduction into Sky and the services they provide, a number of games, half a days training on Sky Broadband and a couple of days of e-learning the computer systems we use to access your accounts.

We are not IT Professionals. The majority of people employed by TLC are young students or recently graduated students who use the company as a "stop gap" between jobs.

About 99% of staff employed on the campaign lie, cowpat and generally do not give a cowpat about the customers complaint. About 99% of staff don't even have a clue what they are talking about nor how to resolve most issues. Believe me, I know. I'm one of them.

9 times out of 10, we like to blame BT or other ISP's when it's really Sky's fault.

When we say something has been escalated, the process can take up to 2 months to complete and not the "10 working days" we like to say.

The OMT, SRT AND CRT departments are run by fellow provisioning agents who just don't like to take phone calls. They are nothing special and really don't have a clue either.

Fed up of spending a fortune on calls to us? Then don't! Let Sky pay for the calls on freephone number (This no longer works - removed)

Did you know that you can write to or even visit us at our locations? Addresses can be found here. The Listening Company - Contact Details

Will think of more truths you may like to know about in due course.

Any questions? Let me know!
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 01-07-07 at 01:54 PM. Reason: removed offending words

2. Advertisement
      TheWhizzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gravesend
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: The truth from the inside.

is that the old sky freephone number or a new one??
      Please take a moment and upgrade your bit torrent client to the latest version.
      Help traffic shaped users by enabling protocol encryption in Az or T

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

That is the old phone number.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thanx for that..

SkyTechSupport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So order status aren't even Sky? This I did not know. And SRT; I feel kind of embarrassed, I had this image of them being a Tier 3 style department who can magically fix BT line ceases without having to go through to cancellations and then to sales for a sort of ad-hoc cease and reprovide like the old days, do they even cease and reprovide people or what is their story? Your department is pretty frustrating, but occasionally you get through to someone who really knows how to work the system, it's just a pain having to hang up and phone back repeatedly, seems like you're one of the people I'd want to get through to, keep it up mate.

I'd give the same advice to any customer by the way people, if you ever feel the person you're talking to knows sweet F.A. about what they're supposed to be helping you with, politely tell them that then hang up and phone back, maybe that'll send a message to Sky when 20% of their agents (that's my estimate of the number of good ones) start getting all the calls.
      Is it wrong to work for the devil? Not if you can make a difference... and he pays well.

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

has Richard Branson just logged in?

PeteC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: cable
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i just do what i have always done - if a company as call it Brick walls" me - i'e crap product and crapper support i just vote with my wallet

not that it matters to sky they have more money than they can handle, but atleast i feel like i've done the right thing

should they not be the cowpat company then?

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its not quite as bad as the above post implies - a lot of problems are software related (the Chordiant system), and there are very few agents who actually outright lie, more often than not, they just are powerless to do anything beyond escalating it to a higher department (SRT/CRT/OMT) - all of these departments are still stuck using the processes that Sky has set out for us.

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes, typical call centre wages of 6 an hour (no extra for supervisors or tier 3!), training is 8 days off the calling floor, followed by a week on 'launch pad', a sort of training environment with more people around to help out, then you go onto the proper calling floor

8 days is all thats neccesary for front office, to be honest, the majority of the job is interpreting information such as 'MNV: Mac Not Valid' on an order status page and passing this on to the customer... Front office are basically an information only department; the only other things we do are escalations, remaking orders, entering MAC codes and a few other things which generally don't work (because of the software)

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Don't believe all you read folks!
      http://www.speedtest.net/

Users armed with a little knowledge are dangerous things!
      Step away from the keyboard slowly............your right to use the internet has been revoked!
      You have a 'PEBKAC' problem

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast