Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The truth from the inside.

This is a discussion on The truth from the inside. within the Sky unhappiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Provisioning is outsourced. TLC get paid X/hour/agent and they then pay us 6 an hour. We are not employed directly ...

TSx
      TSx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: The truth from the inside.

Provisioning is outsourced. TLC get paid X/hour/agent and they then pay us 6 an hour. We are not employed directly by Sky so are not on the same pay structure.

edit: Actually, there are provisioning agents in Scotland now, so some are employed by sky, but the vast majority of front office agents, the provisioning tier 3 team, Service Recovery Team, Customer Resolution Team, Order Management Team and Bulk Migrations are based in Portsmouth and employed by TLC
      Last edited by TSx; 06-08-07 at 08:01 PM.

2. Advertisement
      narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
      considering sky has peformance and pay reviews yearly. I can assure you hardly anyone is on 6 an hour especialy in Tier3
      Tier 3 are paid at least 14.50 an hour because they are employed by Sky as far as I am aware there isnt any outsourcing for tier 3 at all.

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Holy jebus, 14.50 you sure, I need to check my wage slip me thinks

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Tier 3 are paid at least 14.50 an hour because they are employed by Sky as far as I am aware there isnt any outsourcing for tier 3 at all.
      I can assure you that there are probably only 6 Tier 3 agents who are getting paid anywhere near that amount, and those are the ones who work overnights. after midnight, its double pay, up till 6am, so for all the advisors who work those hours, they get double pay.

But thats not strictly speaking their hourly rate. they get the same hourly rate as everyone else, but they also get an allowance because of the hours they work, which boosts the pay considerably.

Akin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
      screaming will not fix your problem it just causes good agents to leave whilst the crap ones dont really care. Write your letters to complain, fax customer services .. but leave order status alone, we cant fix it by pressing the magic button folks think they have.
      Hit the nail on the head there, which would in turn explain why a large percentage of tier 3 staff have opted to return to tier1.

In tier3 there's no extra wage, no incentive, and customers screaming because you dont have the tools to fix their specific problem.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Most of this thread seems to have been contributed by Sky, or Sky contract, employees and to be honest, it worries me. No wonder the Customer Support is dire. It seems that the majority of you don't know what you are doing, some of the rest couldn't care less, while others don't even want to be there.

I am also surprised to hear that in some of your opinions Tier 3 may be nothing more than above average 'script readers'. I have to say that this has not been my experience. When I have spoken to T3, not very often thankfully, I have been impressed by their apparent knowledge and willingness to help. Maybe I have been lucky, getting some of the few who are properly qualified.

In the past I was with Plusnet who have a Comms team who regularly contribute to the members forum. They are all qualified and make a great contribution to the forum and can get things done, sometimes in a matter of minutes. They are highly respected and always a source of good advice. I had hoped that when Sky employees started to contribute to this forum, it would be much the same. I could not have been more wrong. It seems that most of you, instead of helping members, only confuse them and criticise your employers. This thread in particular does nothing to increase the members confidence in you. If you are not happy in your job, look for another

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

well said isitme, i thought that the whole idea of this forum was indeed to help each other with problems that they encounter. My own personal opinion is that in the few times i have had to contact sky i have always found them to be helpful, courteous and have at least a working knowledge of what i require to solve my problems. As always their will always be some extremes but in the main they are in a minority. As you say isitme if your unhappy in your job, get another after all if as you say your hourly rate is that poor it shouldnt be too hard to find alternative employment. Can we please have some constructive comments from Sky employees that actually deals with what this forum is all about

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've posted a lot on this forum to help people and I do love my job. I personally (as does everyone I know working for Sky) feel a lot of frustration with the processes, procedures and systems that don't work correctly. The wage discussion wasn't an argument and more banter between employees.

I always assumed that my posting was constructive generally, and yes, occasionally I will get a dig at Sky in, because I genuinely believe there are a lot of problems with processes at Sky Broadband. Try telling customers regularily 'Theres a note on your account that says your broadband wont be back up and running for at least 2-3 months' and you'd start to lose faith in the 'system'. That said, the majority of people I know love their jobs, colleagues and working for Sky. Most people you speak to on the phone will do their utmost to help you, but often don't have the power to.

If you feel that my posting has become (or always been) a sly way of getting a dig in at Sky as opposed to trying to pass on knowledge I've gained to help others then I won't bother, simply.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There are some notable exceptions to what I said, I should have made that clear. One of the main problems is that some Sky employees and I included outsourced, comment 'outside their box'. By that, I mean they comment on topics with which they are not really qualified to advise on. If a Sky rep gives advice on a technical matter they should be qualified to do so. If they are not, they should make it clear that they are posting as an individual and not a Sky tech.

In your case TSx, (along with a couple of others), you seem to be quite well clued up and I don't think anyone would want to see you give up posting.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TSx
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      There are some notable exceptions to what I said, I should have made that clear. One of the main problems is that some Sky employees and I included outsourced, comment 'outside their box'. By that, I mean they comment on topics with which they are not really qualified to advise on. If a Sky rep gives advice on a technical matter they should be qualified to do so. If they are not, they should make it clear that they are posting as an individual and not a Sky tech.

In your case TSx, (along with a couple of others), you seem to be quite well clued up and I don't think anyone would want to see you give up posting.
      I should be, I've been working there for almost a year now - I appreciate the comment, but its a good point - I've changed my signature to reflect the situation. All my posts are made as an individual, drawing on my experiences personally and professionally. I forget that someone might see me give a fairly authoritive answer on a provisioning issue and then assume that I'm also employed as a tech or customer services agent.

As I said, a lot of people just want to vent at the appalling procedures in place at Sky for some things. It is not an issue with people, it is an issue with processes, and theres no way to vent frustrations (which are very well known in terms of software problems) internally.
      I am not posting officially on behalf of Sky. I am posting individual thoughts and advice.
      Sky Broadband Provisioning: 08705 515 515 - Option 1, Option 1, Option 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast