Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Ultrafast

This is a discussion on Sky Ultrafast within the Sky Ultra Fibre Optic Broadband forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Stumpy Looks like it .. although your offering seems to be cheaper! I was paying 29 per ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Ultrafast

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
      Looks like it .. although your offering seems to be cheaper!
      I was paying 29 per month, so its 2 a month cheaper for twice the speed. So I have signed up to it now anyway. I upgraded on my account online. Just checked the offers and it was there.

We can now confirm your Sky Broadband and Sky Talk will be installed on:
      04/08/2020 between .
      Just to let you know, we've booked an Openreach engineer to come round to your home to install your line.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I've just checked again. It just doesnt show up for me at all. Generically I can get to the "show what might be available" page, and it shows essential or superfast. But as soon as I put my details in, it doesn't offer me anything at all and just gives a number to ring.

I'm also a little concerned that I've had a couple of standard emails/texts from BT now, saying "sorry you're leaving ..", but also stating that they're not going to close my account with them because I'm still using some of their services. I'm not sure how that works and can't actually see what they're talking about - all I have is the phone/broadband connection, which is a package deal. Apparently they rang earlier while I was out, and are going to ring back (probably trying to get a bit of hard selling in) - I'll try to query that at the time. What I don't want is someone deciding to switch off my broadband before sky take it over, so I'm a little wary of querying anything, just in case :P

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I am so out of the loop, I left Sky years ago, went to TalkTalk (of all companies) as they were cheap and I got the free TV thingy, then came back to Sky about 2 years ago, at 27 a month, this then went up to 29 a month about 2 months ago, and only because of your thread, I looked on my online Sky account, and it said to upgrade.

Maybe its as soon as the exchange is enabled for Ultra they offer it to Sky customers, but its well worth a try at 27 a month anyway.

BT will be trying to keep you I bet.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Oooh glad to have helped then! Good luck :-) I'll keep people updated with how it goes. We've got an engineer coming round to fix our Sky Q - I'm hoping he just switches the box at this point, just to eliminate it as the problem. I might pump him for information, if I'm allowed in close enough proximity to talk.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

BT will want to keep your account open in case you make any telephone calls that are not included in your package so that they can be charged to your account.
      Do you have any BTinternet email addresses? If so you will be offered BT Premium Email so that you can keep these addresses for a monthly fee (7.50?), otherwise you will lose them 60 days after your broadband service ends.

Thanks

But .. Sky are taking over our telephone. Once that happens, Sky will be charging me for phone calls, not BT? It's not like there's a line rental either (BT caught me with that in the past, as they'd somehow managed to get line rental and the rest of the services on a different end date contract, and then fluctuated the amount they charged for line rental only .. they just make stuff up sometimes).

I don't use any service providers email anymore .. in theory we have a sky email, but it's soooo rubbish, we stopped using that some time ago. Didn't even bother setting up any cloud or email services with BT. We stick to google, I like their spam filter.

As far as I'm aware, the only things we've paid BT for in the past are telephone and broadband, the telephone included the caller display thing (which I think is now free?)

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Sky will only be charging you for phone calls from the take over date. Any calls that you make before then that are billed to other communication providers (CPs), not BT, will be charged to BT. If the calls are included in your package, BT will not pass the charges on but if they are not they will.
      Your line rental, broadband and any other package charges (such as anytime calls) are payable in advance whereas call charges (by there very nature) must be charged in arrears so unless you have arranged for the changeover to take place on your billing date you will probably be due a refund but BT may take up to a month to process this as they will wait to see if there are any charges from other CPs that need to be passed on to you.

In the past such charges were processed manually and may have taken up to a month to process. Though this is no longer the case occasionally charges slip through the net so CPs still make their customers wait for any refund due.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

Stumpy (12-07-20)

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Thanks

I've just signed up to BT on their save 240 FTTP - paying 29.99 for 150/30

https://www.bt.com/campaign/full-fibre-240
      speedyrite likes this.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      @Stumpy

Been following it on this Kitz forum thread:
      https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,24863.0.html

No FTTP at my address (only FTTP on demand) but Sky Ultrafast is offered as FTTC G.Fast
      I'm intrigued what the major issue with BT's network is now......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Rex View Post
      I've just signed up to BT on their save 240 FTTP - paying 29.99 for 150/30

https://www.bt.com/campaign/full-fibre-240
      Weirdly I can't see a 29.99 for 150/30 on that link. There's one for 100 .. although I can't see an upload speed.

I'm assuming it's a new customer thing as it's not something I got offered being a current customer at the time.

BT switched my internet off at just after midnight this morning - luckily I'd just finished using it, but both kids were still up, so of course I got the stomping down the stairs thing, demanding to know what was going on :P I plugged the new Sky hub in, and within around 15 minutes we had a connection with around 97Mb download speed - kids went up all happy again, only to come down again 20 minutes later as it had disconnected. I assume they were just sorting out the line, as it came back not long after at around 130Mb and this morning it was slightly faster again.

I got a text around 8am to say that my broadband would be activated today and they would send another text once it was up and running, and then received another text an hour later to say it was up.

Unfortunately, my phone line doesn't appear to be, yet. There's a dial tone, but it's not connecting and when I try to ring it from my mobile it just gives a standard message of wrong number. On the Sky website it's showing that Sky Talk isn't set up yet. I'm hoping it's just taking a little longer to sort that bit out.

I guess we shall see what happens. So far the internet has been okay for me .. but it's early days, and I've not done anything particularly intensive so far. Hubby has been reporting severe lag spikes though ...
      speedyrite likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumpy For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (24-07-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast