Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

The Big Spell, coming to Sky 1 soon

This is a discussion on The Big Spell, coming to Sky 1 soon within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sue Perkins, Joe Lycett and Moira Stuart search for the UK & Ireland’s best young speller in new Sky 1 ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

The Big Spell, coming to Sky 1 soon

Sue Perkins, Joe Lycett and Moira Stuart search for the UK & Ireland’s best young speller in new Sky 1 series, The Big Spell

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...-the-big-spell

Sky 1 has today announced that Sue Perkins, Joe Lycett and Moira Stuart are to host The Big Spell (previously Spelling Star), a spectacular new family entertainment series that will uncover the nation’s best young speller.

A smash hit in Australia, the nail-biting series will see twenty children aged nine to thirteen go word to word in the ultimate spelling showdown.

Much more than a traditional spelling bee, The Big Spell is packed with jaw-dropping drama and incredible emotion as these brilliant young spellers compete in a range of challenges based around spelling, words and meanings.

Across the eight-part series, audiences will get to know all about these super-smart, funny and adorable young spellers as they experience the highs and lows of the competition with their parents looking on from backstage.

Sue Perkins will host proceedings as the children show off their impressive spelling and language prowess; Comedian Joe Lycett will be backstage with the parents balancing the tension of the competition with his own inimitable humour; whilst broadcasting legend Moira Stuart will be officiating as the show’s pronouncer.

Sue Perkins says “I've love being intellectually owned by eight year olds, so this is the perfect show for me.”

Richard Ackerman, Commissioning Editor at Sky says: “We absolutely love this show, it’s full of nail biting tension and tremendous warmth. Furthermore the show has taught me two things; firstly the old adage isn’t true, you can work with children and these kids are extraordinarily talented and fantastically charming. The second thing I learned is that my own spelling is awful.”

The series will culminate in an amazing finale where just one of the youngsters will be crowned the UK’s Champion Speller. Who will prove they can spell just about anything from A-Z? Find out in The Big Spell and get ready for spelling fever to grip the nation!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: The Big Spell, coming to Sky 1 soon

The series will culminate in an amazing finale where just one of the youngsters will be crowned the UK’s Champion Speller.
      Wow, I just can't wait for this finale! Sky are spoiling us with all these interesting programs.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.