Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By bubblegun

First look images released from second series of Sky Atlantic's Fortitude

This is a discussion on First look images released from second series of Sky Atlantic's Fortitude within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...tics-fortitude Sky Atlantic has today unveiled first look images from the set of the second series of Fortitude, an original ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

First look images released from second series of Sky Atlantic's Fortitude

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...tics-fortitude

Sky Atlantic has today unveiled first look images from the set of the second series of Fortitude, an original British drama made by Sky.

The danger-filled arctic thriller has been in production since January 2016 and these images are the first to come out of the shoot taking place in Iceland. The images feature key returning cast members Sofie Gråbøl (The Killing) and Richard Dormer (Game of Thrones) as well as Dennis Quaid (Far From Heaven) who is playing a new character in the second instalment of the show.

With more chilling and fast moving plot twists, this ambitious horror thriller set against the stunning Arctic wilderness, is from the makers of the BAFTA winning Marvellous, Fifty Fathoms, and is co-produced by Pivot.
      Note: The other images are only available to registered press members

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: First look images released from second series of Sky Atlantic's Fortitude

Great news, not till later this year. So The Tunnel and GOT to watch before then
      One of those few series I had to watch many of the episodes at least two or three times to make sure I got the ongoing and complicated plot.
      So much great drama on sky channels now, puts the terrestrials to shame lately.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 20.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Apart from 'The Night Manager', which was exceptional.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marjohn56 View Post
      Apart from 'The Night Manager', which was exceptional.
      Must admit, we did not watch that, it did not sound the sort of thing we would watch, not ever enjoyed spy stuff based on John le Carré. Now give me a good James Bond spy novel/film and I'm glued.
      We did try Maigret too on itv, and gave up after 20 mins, what a borefest.

Thanks

it was based on the novel.... that's about it. Screenwriters did a a very good job on bringing it up to date, also a different ending to the book, much better.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

With the BBC cutting their costs all the time, there doesn't seem to be enough stimulus for competition for the terrestrial based broadcasters at the moment.

However Sky are facing more competition from the likes of Netflix who are able to stream all their content virtually around the globe without too much hassle. Sure they've recently quashed a lot of VPNs, but that doesn't mean you can't continue to watch a lot of their own original content.

Much of the content available through Sky is also available on Netflix too.

The same is also true for Amazon.

Basically Sky has had to ramp up things in order to keep their customers from leaving.

IMHO all this is good for us.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Must admit, we did not watch that, it did not sound the sort of thing we would watch, not ever enjoyed spy stuff based on John le Carré. Now give me a good James Bond spy novel/film and I'm glued.
      We did try Maigret too on itv, and gave up after 20 mins, what a borefest.
      I passed on it too initially but my dad recommended it and I "binge" watched the full series.
      It was much better than the reviews of the first episode had suggested.

I believe further series with these characters are planned.
      There will be more "buzz" about it later in the year when it airs on AMC in USA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Great news, not till later this year. So The Tunnel and GOT to watch before then
      One of those few series I had to watch many of the episodes at least two or three times to make sure I got the ongoing and complicated plot.
      So much great drama on sky channels now, puts the terrestrials to shame lately.
      Three series in a year is hardly putting the terrestrials to shame!

Did you watch 1992 on Sky Arts? I thought it was excellent.
      Hope there is a further series.

Also watching Occupied from Sky On Demand.

I'm not saying Sky is poor but there is so much good TV drama recently that there aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm watching: Castle (Watch), Walking Dead (Fox), Talking Dead(Fox), Arrow (Sky1), The Flash(Sky1), Billions(Sky [soon]), Supernatural(More4?), Blindspot(Sky Living), The Blacklist(Sky Living), Expanse(SyFy [soon-hopefully]), Grimm(Watch), Stag(BBC2), Spin(More4?), Line of Duty(BBC2), Marvels Agents of Shield(CH4).

I'm sure there's lots of other good things too. [TBH Arrow and The Flash have been boring recently, for me].

I have a queue that is months worth long on my NAS from a variety of channels, I think I need a good 3 months of sickness to catch-up.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 03-04-16 at 04:48 AM.
      marjohn56 likes this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      I'm watching: Castle (Watch), Walking Dead (Fox), Talking Dead(Fox), Arrow (Sky1), The Flash(Sky1), Billions(Sky [soon]), Supernatural(More4?), Blindspot(Sky Living), The Blacklist(Sky Living), Expanse(SyFy [soon-hopefully]), Grimm(Watch), Stag(BBC2), Spin(More4?), Line of Duty(BBC2), Marvels Agents of Shield(CH4).

I'm sure there's lots of other good things too. [TBH Arrow and The Flash have been boring recently, for me].
      It seems we have similar tastes! We dropped Arrow a while back and Flash never appealed. Castle was good but I think the scripts are getting a bit long winded now with the sub-plot going on for what seems like an eternity. The Blacklist is excellent, Grimm too. Very disappointed to see 'Person of Interest' being dropped, hopefully Amazon or NetFlix will pick it up.

We like most of BBC4's Saturday night Skandi-noir output such as The Bridge, Trapped was excellent,the only series we have failed to get into is Inspector Montalbano.

I think Sky's own output is very poor, the terrestrial channels produce far more quality drama.