Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017

This is a discussion on Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017 within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky 1's most successful original drama series, Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017

Sky 1's most successful original drama series, Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...creens-in-2017

Sky 1 today announces the return of Stan Lee's Lucky Man, made by Carnival Films, reinforcing its commitment to invest in year-round original British drama.

The ten-part drama, which will air its final episode on Sky 1 this Friday (March 25) at 9pm, is the channel’s highest-rated original drama series ever, delivering an average cumulative audience of 1.9 million.

The show has also been the most watched Sky 1 programme week after week on online streaming service NOW TV.

Described as “a thrill a minute drama” by The Observer, “thoroughly entertaining fun” by the Mail on Sunday’s EVENT Magazine and “thriller meets magic” by the Financial Times, Stan Lee’s Lucky Man is an action-packed crime drama about fate, gambling, superstition and the consequences of our actions.

Series two will see James Nesbitt return to his role as Detective Inspector Clayton as he struggles to control his compulsions and the never-ending battle between good and bad luck.

James Nesbitt said: “They say that you make your own luck and I’m pleased to say that in this case we did! I’m delighted that Lucky Man was so popular with viewers and look forward to being back on Sky 1 in 2017.”

The new ten-part series, co-created by world-renowned comic book writer Stan Lee and POW! Entertainment, will air in 2017. It is produced by Carnival Films, the multi-award winning makers of Downton Abbey and The Last Kingdom, in association with Lee and Gill Champion from POW! The series is distributed by NBCUniversal International Distribution.

Adam MacDonald, Director of Sky 1, said: “What more could you ask for? It's a crowd-pleasing crime drama combining the talents of Marvel mastermind Stan Lee and award-winning actor James Nesbitt. Roll on series two.”

Co-creator Stan Lee says: “What a thrill it is that Lucky Man’s coming back for another sensational season! It’s going to be a terrific new ride with Harry and the gang, where fortune smiles on those who catch my king sized cameo in season two!”

Richard Fell, Executive Producer at Carnival Films said: “We are thrilled that the show seems to have found its audience on Sky 1. We feel truly lucky to be able to bring them the next charmed chapter of Detective Inspector Harry Clayton’s amazing story.”

The recommission of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man is the latest addition to Sky 1’s ambitious slate of original drama in 2016, which includes Hooten and the Lady, Harlan Coben’s The Five and Agatha Raisin. It also follows in the success of original dramas You, Me and the Apocalypse and Fungus the Bogeyman, with each one improving on the performance of its predecessor.

Sky customers can watch the whole of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man series one now On Demand or via Sky Go, as well as through online streaming service NOW TV with a NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017

I'm not sure but I couldn't make it through the first episode.

**************************Personal Edit**************

Sobered up in time before slandering James "Jimmy" Nesbitt.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 30-03-16 at 05:57 AM.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Stan Lee's Lucky Man from producers Carnival Films, will return to screens in 2017

We really enjoyed Lucky Man, it was quite an original idea and the characters, plot and storyline all worked very well.
      It was one of those rare series that we generally looked forward to 9pm fridays to watch the next episode.
      Saw last week that there will eb a new series and they mentioned int at the end of the last episode.
      Will certainly look forward to that.

No idea what the Stan Lee thing they keep going on about is all about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      We really enjoyed Lucky Man, it was quite an original idea and the characters, plot and storyline all worked very well.
      It was one of those rare series that we generally looked forward to 9pm fridays to watch the next episode.
      Saw last week that there will eb a new series and they mentioned int at the end of the last episode.
      Will certainly look forward to that.

No idea what the Stan Lee thing they keep going on about is all about.
      I series-linked the whole series from Sky 1HD but missed an episode and it's sitting there on my box but I suspect it will be another show like: "You, Me and The Apocalypse" that I never watch then delete.

***Just deleted it in fact.***

Not sure but I'm certain that some Sky shows are garbage that I never watch....

I'm turning into a Super-Detractor!!!
      FYI this relates to the customer satisfaction surveys that people get whenever they contact Sky.

I have to be honest, I'm a TV snob, if I don't like it then I've decided it ****e. eg. Billions is coming up on Sky soon, but based on the first 8 episodes (from viewing online) its very dull TV - Sky would've been better (IMHO) buying Mr Robot instead of letting it go to Amazon [Prime Instant Video] (only) in the UK.

I have to say that apart from the things made directly for Amazon or Netflix, Mr Robot was by a million miles the best thing on TV in the last 6 months so why didn't Sky get it? Who knows.......?
      Last edited by bubblegun; 30-03-16 at 08:45 AM.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      I have to say that apart from the things made directly for Amazon or Netflix, Mr Robot was by a million miles the best thing on TV in the last 6 months so why didn't Sky get it? Who knows.......?
      Who cares?

Think I've been watching too many cruise commercials.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Who cares?

Think I've been watching too many cruise commercials.
      I seem to be cursed with "forum diarrhea" at times.
      Sorry to offend but Mr Robot was very good.