Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sky 1 hits ‘One Hundred and Eighty’ in new darts game show with Davina McCall & Freddie Flintof

This is a discussion on Sky 1 hits ‘One Hundred and Eighty’ in new darts game show with Davina McCall & Freddie Flintof within the Sky TV Channels forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...eddie-flintoff Sky 1 is taking viewers into the fast-flying world of darts in a new event-based gameshow hosted by Davina ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Sky 1 hits ‘One Hundred and Eighty’ in new darts game show with Davina McCall & Freddie Flintof

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...eddie-flintoff
      Sky 1 is taking viewers into the fast-flying world of darts in a new event-based gameshow hosted by Davina McCall with Freddie Flintoff. One Hundred and Eighty will see world famous darts players team up with skilled members of the public to compete with each other for a big money prize. The programme will combine the drama of a sporting event with the excitement of a game show and will air to Sky customers in the UK and Ireland this September.

Inspired by and named after the top score you can achieve on a dartboard, One Hundred and Eighty will see pro darts players including 16-time world champion Phil Taylor, World Number One Michael Van Gerwen and current World Champion Gary Anderson playing to determine a prize fund at the start of each show. They will then be paired into teams with lucky members of the public who will compete for the chance to win the prize.

Hosted by Davina McCall, the two teams will go head-to-head in a series of darts-based games and traditional legs of 501. One team will go through to play the final game hoping to take home the cash prize. Professional darts commentator Rod Studd and sporting legend Freddie Flintoff will provide electrifying commentary to the proceedings and keep tabs on the all-important score.

Adam MacDonald, Director of Sky 1 commented:
      “Darts is a sport close to the nation’s heart. There is something incredibly exciting about reinventing this tradition, with a fresh, modern entertainment twist, all exclusively for Sky 1. One Hundred and Eighty brings together Davina and Freddie with the sports finest pro-players and members of the darts playing public, in a fun competition that is certainly not to be missed.”

Lee Connolly, Creative Director of Entertainment for ITV Studios, said:
      “One Hundred and Eighty is part game show, part event. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for darts-mad fans to pair up with their heroes and go home with some serious money. With Davina McCall as quiz master and Freddie Flintoff providing wit and humour from the commentary box, One Hundred and Eighty will bring all the excitement and energy of top class darts to Sky 1’s audience.”

The 8 x 1 hour show will be produced by ITV Studios for Sky 1 and filmed in front of a packed audience at the iconic Blackpool Winter Gardens. One Hundred and Eighty will be made with the collaboration of the Professional Darts Corporation and feature their top players including: 16-time world champion Phil Taylor, World Number One Michael Van Gerwen, current World Champion Gary Anderson, Peter Wright, two-time World Champion Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Simon Whitlock and Stephen Bunting.

The show was commissioned for Sky by Barbara Lee, Sky Commissioning Editor. It is executive produced by Lee Connolly, Paul Broadbent and Ben Kelly and series produced by Anna Dunkley for ITV Studios. The format will be distributed internationally by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.

One Hundred and Eighty will also be available to stream via online streaming service NOW TV with the £6.99 Entertainment Month Pass.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Sky 1 hits ‘One Hundred and Eighty’ in new darts game show with Davina McCall & Freddie Fli

.....in other words just a rehashed Bullseye.
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

Re: Sky 1 hits ‘One Hundred and Eighty’ in new darts game show with Davina McCall & Freddie Fli

For those not familiar Bullseye was a popular show in its day and ran from '81 until '95. It was later picked up by Challenge.

With Davina and Freddie hosting it, I suspect that it won't be quite as tense as Bullseye was.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Hmm i was wondering why, completely out of the blue, sky showed that programme 'You can't beat a bit of bully' the other day.

Lots of celebrities in that saying they should bring it back or something similar...

sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Thanks

Won't be long before we see big break back on if they have got to dig to the bottom of the barrel
      Jim Bowen was great at Bulls Eye loved that show but darts died in the 90s after sky took control of all sports
      Lets be honest no one know the dart players now unless you have sky sports which a lot of people haven't.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
      Won't be long before we see big break back on if they have got to dig to the bottom of the barrel
      Jim Bowen was great at Bulls Eye loved that show but darts died in the 90s after sky took control of all sports
      Lets be honest no one know the dart players now unless you have sky sports which a lot of people haven't.
      It's a similar, yet far worse story with boxing.
      Hardly anyone knows who the current world heavyweight champion(s) is / are.

Yes, people moan that it's because there isn't just one champ anymore & it's all IBF this & WBO that, but let's not forget that even Ali later fought during the era of bureaucracy as did Mike Tyson throughout his career.
      Tyson is still one of the most famous, recognisable human beings on earth & it's all because of what happened prior to sky & PPV etc.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I fell out of love with boxing several years ago.

Allowing a convicted rapist to travel to a country where normally he wouldn't be allowed just doesn't fit well with me.

sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Thanks

I agree 100% with you when it comes to tyson they should have never allowed him to go to other countries.
      But i do love boxing but again sky have more or less all the boxing rights.
      I do know that Wladimir Klitschko is going to fight our Tyson Fury for the heavyweight title so i do try to follow boxing.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I'm not fully up to date with the story, but i believe that Mike Tyson is in the process of legally clearing his name.

I'd say that it's generally accepted now that he wasn't guilty of that particular crime, but was guilty of so many others that some time in prison was deserved, something he freely admits in his stage show & interviews etc.

Thanks

He can deny it all he wishes, but he was found guilty in a country where normall money will get you off anything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast