Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sky Talk Unlimited

This is a discussion on Sky Talk Unlimited within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Heinz Cheapest way to call mobiles from sky talk?? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums Thanks Heinz - we are ...

oxter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224 - Aberdeen West Thorngrove
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Talk Unlimited

Thanks Heinz - we are speaking on two websites!!

2. Advertisement
      puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I'm in the process of swapping over from BT to Sky landline & unlimited and feel very happy about it all. Personally I can't stand BT-their arrogance is unreal! and think there's more people changing to other servers than ever now.

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puretoon View Post
      I'm in the process of swapping over from BT to Sky landline & unlimited and feel very happy about it all. Personally I can't stand BT-their arrogance is unreal! and think there's more people changing to other servers than ever now.
      Each to their own - if you make a lot of international calls to Sky's free countries, it may well be worthwhile for you. And there's the 50p/month saving on line rental.

OTOH, beware Sky's excessive 0845 and 0870 call charges.

Speaking of arrogance, were you aware that Sky (and Talk Talk by recent accounts) suddenly started ignoring their CPS customers' use of the 1280 prefix without bothering to tell them?
      Last edited by Heinz; 09-11-08 at 11:24 AM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

oxter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01224 - Aberdeen West Thorngrove
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

[QUOTE=Heinz;176953]
      OTOH, beware Sky's excessive 0845 and 0870 call charges.

QUOTE]

And remember to use SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers to find an alternative uk conventional number thereby avoiding the sky charges

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

To be honest Heinz, no I didn't know, but there again, I know nothing about that number anyway.

I'm going to wait and see what happens as I've just read the thread about people having trouble using their phones due to no dialling tone, which at least I always got with BT.

Time will tell

Unimpressed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Does anyone happen to have an active landline phone number for sky talk? I am sick to my back teeth of having to pay this 08442 charge, it is ridiculous considering I am having to call them from a payphone now due to an engineer not showing up twice to install the socket and line.

veniepie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can help. I moved house in February this year, before moving house I was with virgin media and was very happy. Unfortunately where I now live has no cable so I had to go onto an analogue service.
      Having heard horror stories about Skyís own line rental on Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more and the fact you cannot route your calls through BT using 1280 (for example for 0845 numbers) if you have sky line rental, I chose BT line rental and although unlimited calls are 50p more expensive for the package from sky this is outweighed by the cheaper broadband by £5.
      Anyway, I took out BT line rental, Sky talk unlimited, sky broadband and sky TV. Sky talk unlimited was supposed to activate on 3rd march. I received letters from both sky and BT confirming my switch. However having moved house, BT very kindly allocated us the old number of the former occupants who have previously run up big bills with various companies and we had debt collectors ringing all the time which of course was unwanted. I asked BT to change our number. Our number was to be changed on 3rd march. So on 3rd march I of course called Sky and said is the talk unlimited activated? To get through I had even put in my new number using the keypad on the phone (for some reason the automated woman asks you to do this before being put through to an advisor!). I also asked if it mattered that my number had been changed, advised her of the new number and asked about how texts from my home phone were routed and how I could route them through bt and I was told, yes sky talk unlimited is active, no it doesnít matter about the number change, thank you for informing us of the number change I will update your records and as you have line rental with BT any texts you send off your house phone will be routed through BT and not sky (which I was really happy about because BT do 100 free texts per month!).
      I had my first bill from BT a while before all this taking 3 months line rental in advance and advising me I would not receive a bill until May 2009 then I would get monthly bills.
      So from March 3rd 2009 I have been using my phone as per Sky talk unlimited package dictates for free calls. However, end of May comes I have a huge bill from BT because all my calls have been routed through them and not Sky although we have been paying sky every month for sky talk unlimited! To make matters worse when I called sky they said they would rectify the situation and we would have the service up and running in 14 days and itís because they didnít have our new number down that calls werenít routed through them. BT however, has said to me even on my old number sky never completed the taking over of my phone line and it is still pending. So basically Sky has been taking money from us month after month they didnít complete the take over from BT, yet BT and sky both sent us letters saying our calls were going through sky on 3rd march 2009. How was I supposed to know I wasnít making calls through sky?
      What is worse is yesterday my husband called sky after getting a letter saying our sky talk unlimited was being cancelled and our broadband would go up and was kept waiting for 1 hour and 40 minutes before he could discuss it with someone, then got put through to someone who could help who said oh yes you will have to wait 14 days for sky talk unlimited to be activated. This is really inconvenient to us as in the interim I cannot make my calls during the day and the calls I want to make to other countries for free because sky are not providing the service we have been paying for. Is anyone else having these problems and can anyone give me advice on what to do? We are at our wits end!

Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veniepie View Post
      Just wondering if anyone can help.

I cannot make my calls during the day and the calls I want to make to other countries for free because sky are not providing the service we have been paying for.
      Open a www.18185.co.uk A/C online and use the 18185 prefix to make your calls until you are certain Sky Talk Unlimited is active on your new number (your calls won't be free but, at least, they won't be excessively expensive).

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Go to your MySky page and View your bill details. What phone number is shown for your itemised calls? It looks like you are being charged by BT for one number and by Sky for the other.

You would receive a letter telling you exactly when you were transferred to SkyTalk, phone Customer Relations, I think the number is 02077053000, have the letter ready to quote when you make your complaint. Sky are quite good at compensating users if they have made a mistake.

By the way, I don't think you can route anything through BT when you have SkyTalk. This is one of the biggest complaints about the service.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      By the way, I don't think you can route anything through BT when you have SkyTalk. This is one of the biggest complaints about the service.
      That's true. Since they changed from providing Sky Talk (without line rental) by CPS to WCLI, the 1280 prefix no longer works.

Interestingly, Talk Talk did the same but, following complaints from customers, instigated an ordering procedure to allow those who asked to revert to their original CPS status to be changed back (so the 1280 prefix again allowed individual calls to be routed via BT when the subscriber wanted to do that).

I wonder why Sky doesn't do the same?

Of course, none of this applies when line rental has also been handed over to Sky. Those who have done that are tied to whatever Sky chooses to charge for calls.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)