Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Caller Display

This is a discussion on Caller Display within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I was on BT that had caller display on the handsets when someone calls in, it lets you know the ...

hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Caller Display

I was on BT that had caller display on the handsets when someone calls in, it lets you know the number, now i'm on Sky I no longer have this facility.

Is there a way to get it back and who do I need to contact in order to do this?

Thanks, Chris.

2. Advertisement
      Bluenose53 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01527
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am on sky bb.. My phone is on bt with caller display,it still works fine..sorry do not know why you are losing your caller id BUT i would contact bt asap you are paying bt for that service.... hope you solve it soon.
      KEEP RIGHT ON

murdock is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by hellfire18 View Post
      I was on BT that had caller display on the handsets when someone calls in, it lets you know the number, now i'm on Sky I no longer have this facility.
      Is there a way to get it back and who do I need to contact in order to do this?Thanks, Chris.
      Chris was this issue resolved?
      I have had Sky Talk for about 3 months and Caller Display still works.
      I pay a quarterly fee to BT for the Caller Display service.
      If it stops working I will cancel Sky Talk as there is no cancellation penalty.
      I find Caller Display that useful.

My Sky Broadband Max is Fast, Reliable and a Bargain price.
      Last edited by murdock; 31-12-06 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks
      Hi there,

I'm on sky phone package and i still have caller display.

if you sign up to BT Privacy at Home it is free service as i don't pay for it,but i may stand corrected as murdock says he pays a quarterly fee to BT.

But I have never paid for this service.

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
      if you sign up to BT Privacy at Home it is free service as i don't pay for it,but i may stand corrected as murdock says he pays a quarterly fee to BT.
      I used to pay for this service, but then found out it was free with Privacy at Home. They don't inform customers who are paying for the service that they could have it free because thay are a business of course, but yes I have it free too.

~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks

Is there a way to get it back and who do I need to contact in order to do this?

Thanks, Chris.
      Sky Talk Unlimited and Sky Talk Freetime are both CPS (Carrier PreSelect) packages - outgoing calls only.

Line rental remains with BT and incoming calls arrive on BT - so there should be no effect on Caller Display.

Phone 0800 916 55 44 and use the automated system to get it.
      Last edited by Heinz; 01-03-07 at 12:13 AM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

chintz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      I have had Sky Talk for 4 months nd I have been able to use my Caller Display as well! I would contact BT ASAP as bluenose53 said.

Also, I have it free as well! Anyone who pays for Caller Display, have BT Privacy on your line so it is free.

Good Luck and hope you get it sorted!

To get BT Privacy look here:

http://www.bt.com/btprivacy

jameseb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llanishan SWLNI
      Broadband ISP: Connect - but soon Max (4/1/06)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Word of notice, Caller Display on BT Privacy is now charged as of 1st oct 2006 for customers who do not pay for their calls via bt so unless you make some chargable calls during the quarter you will get charged.

From 1st October 2006 customers who do not make some chargeable calls with BT will be charged for BT Caller Display.

Customers with other call providers can still benefit from BT Caller Display at no extra cost, if the following calls are made. Customers who bill monthly must make at least two chargeable calls with BT in that month, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge 1.75 a month for BT Caller Display. Customers who bill every three months must make at least six chargeable calls within those three months, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge 5.25 a quarter.

If you do not currently make calls with BT and would like to start making your calls with us, please call 0800 121 8088. Alternatively, if you would like to make one-off calls that are chargeable to your BT bill, then simply dial the numbers 1280 before you dial the phone number you wish to call.
      Арте́льный горшо́к гу́ще кипи́т. (Moral: Working as a team produces better results!)

имейте большое рождество и С Новым годом (have a great christmas and a happy new year )

Dont ya just love russian proverbs!

J-ames

hellfire18 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: GARFORTH
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jameseb View Post
      Word of notice, Caller Display on BT Privacy is now charged as of 1st oct 2006 for customers who do not pay for their calls via bt so unless you make some chargable calls during the quarter you will get charged.
      I just called the BT Privacy at home number and was told it is free to all BT customers making calls using BT. So it's going to cost me to have it. Either everyone on here who has it on their lines has either found a loophole where they get it free or they are paying for this service without knowing .

Heinz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EAELC
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky - only the (expensive) 'connect' available in my area.
      Sky TV: Entertainment+
      Thanks
      I just called the BT Privacy at home number and was told it is free to all BT customers making calls using BT. So it's going to cost me to have it. Either everyone on here who has it on their lines has either found a loophole where they get it free or they are paying for this service without knowing .
      BT now 'reserves the right' to charge 1.75 per month for Caller Display if a subscriber who is billed quarterly does not make 6 chargeable calls in the quarter (it's 2 calls per month for a subscriber billed monthly).

Whether they actually bother checking I don't know but, to be on the safe side, I have simply programmed the number of my favourite Indian takeaway (which opens at 6pm) into my phone with a 1280 prefix and, as I always order more than 6 times in 3 months, that is enough chargeable calls to qualify. A couple of weeks before my quarterly bill is due, I check my 'Recent calls' online to ensure I have made the required 6 calls.

Hence, Caller Display costs me 33p per quarter (6 x 5p calls). I'm happy with that instead of 5.25!
      Last edited by Heinz; 02-01-07 at 09:12 PM.
      Want to save on your phone costs? Click HERE then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast