Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree16Likes

New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening service

This is a discussion on New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening service within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...launch-in-june Sky Talk Shield , a new call screening service thatís free for Sky Talk customers, is set to crackdown ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening service

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...launch-in-june

Sky Talk Shield, a new call screening service thatís free for Sky Talk customers, is set to crackdown on unwanted and nuisance phone calls by stopping cold callers in their tracks.

One in five households receive a nuisance call every day, with those aged over 55 receiving the highest number of unnecessary calls*. Sky Talk Shield gives users ultimate control over their landline, letting them choose to answer the calls they want and block the ones they donít before they are even connected.

Itís the UKís only call screening service of its type that works on every handset in the home, and without the need for any extra kit. Once activated, Sky Talk Shield will either block robot callers automatically before the phone rings, or let users listen to whoís on the line before they accept the call.

If itís a person calling, the phone will ring and users will hear a recorded message with the screened callerís name, so they know who it is. They then have the option to:

• accept the call for one time only,
      • accept the call and add the caller to their personal Star List,
      • reject the call and add the number to a Block List,
      • send the call to their Sky voicemail (if they have it).

If a caller is added to the Block List then theyíll never get through again, while callers on the Star List will always get through straight away. Users will be able to easily manage their Star and Block Lists via their home phone or My Sky.

Lyssa McGowan, Chief Commercial Officer, Sky UK commented:

ďProviding our customers with the very best experience across phone, broadband and TV is something that has always been extremely important for Sky.

ďThe launch of Sky Talk Shield is another step in our commitment, offering a brilliantly simple and free service which hands power back to our customers, so they can stop the frustration and inconvenience caused by nuisance calls.Ē

Sky Talk Shield will be available from 9th June, exclusively for new and existing Sky Talk customers with Sky Broadband and Line Rental at no extra cost.

Existing Sky Talk and Broadband customers can activate Talk Shield by logging on to their My Sky account with their Sky iD and selecting Broadband and Talk.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening ser

At last and looks great and its Free!

Help articles all here if anyone needs to know more;
      https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sk...ield-explained
      Scubbie likes this.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening ser

I'm using it now and to be honest it looks very similar to Truecall.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

This is not true. I have had a BT triple phone with advanced screening for well overf a year. This Sky thing does exactly what the Bt system does. The Bt system is free as it comes with the phone and with the best will in the world Sky do not give phones away.

"It’s the UK’s only call screening service of its type that works on every handset in the home, and without the need for any extra kit. Once activated, Sky Talk Shield will either block robot callers automatically before the phone rings, or let users listen to who’s on the line before they accept the call."

This says it the Uk's only call screening service of it's kind and that is just not true. I also did not have to ring anyone, especially Sky, to activate my screen calling service. I either activate from my phone or I don't.

Thanks

Such an expert passing comment on a product that you've not seen or used.

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      This is not true. I have had a BT triple phone with advanced screening for well overf a year. This Sky thing does exactly what the Bt system does. The Bt system is free as it comes with the phone and with the best will in the world Sky do not give phones away.

"It’s the UK’s only call screening service of its type that works on every handset in the home, and without the need for any extra kit. Once activated, Sky Talk Shield will either block robot callers automatically before the phone rings, or let users listen to who’s on the line before they accept the call."

This says it the Uk's only call screening service of it's kind and that is just not true. I also did not have to ring anyone, especially Sky, to activate my screen calling service. I either activate from my phone or I don't.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      Such an expert passing comment on a product that you've not seen or used.
      What on esrth is the matter with you?. I have said nothing nor been off hand with you. But I have saved a couple of your posts where you have said unwarranted things either directly or as a snidely sounding side comment either about me or somebody else. Give it it up or go somewhere else and annoy people. You are on ignore but, unfortunately, I have to see your inane comments if i haven't logged in.

As I said if you care to read my post properly, something which quite obviously is completely beyond your capabilities, is that what Scubbie posted about Sky Talk Shield is exactly the same as a system that I have had on a BT phone for at least a year. So the passage that says the bit that I have highlighted in red is not true..

Thanks

No idea what pete.i said he's on my ignore list LOL

sadbadger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Draytek Vigor 130 + SR101 + Netgear R6400
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post

"The Bt system is free as it comes with the phone and with the best will in the world Sky do not give phones away."
      The BT system doesn't come with the phone, it comes with the BT landline/calls subscription.
      The point is both systems should work with ANY existing touch-tone/DTMF landline phone of ANY brand, no need to buy a new phone at all.
      It appears that the BT system is only available to those who pay for their calls via BT, with the Sky system only available to those who pay for their calls via SKY.

"This says it the Uk's only call screening service of it's kind and that is just not true. I also did not have to ring anyone, especially Sky, to activate my screen calling service. I either activate from my phone or I don't."
      It depends what is meant by "of it's kind" perhaps relating to how the calls are screened ? It's obvious that both systems perform a similar service, but BT launched a pro-active blocking system first.
      You don't have to call Sky either to activate the system, it can be activated online.
      Hopefully all call providers can work together ( share blocked number data ? ) to stamp on unwanted calls...

sdd
      sdd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01268
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadbadger View Post
      "The Bt system is free as it comes with the phone and with the best will in the world Sky do not give phones away."
      The BT system doesn't come with the phone, it comes with the BT landline/calls subscription.
      The point is both systems should work with ANY existing touch-tone/DTMF landline phone of ANY brand, no need to buy a new phone at all.
      It appears that the BT system is only available to those who pay for their calls via BT, with the Sky system only available to those who pay for their calls via SKY.

"This says it the Uk's only call screening service of it's kind and that is just not true. I also did not have to ring anyone, especially Sky, to activate my screen calling service. I either activate from my phone or I don't."
      It depends what is meant by "of it's kind" perhaps relating to how the calls are screened ? It's obvious that both systems perform a similar service, but BT launched a pro-active blocking system first.
      You don't have to call Sky either to activate the system, it can be activated online.
      Hopefully all call providers can work together ( share blocked number data ? ) to stamp on unwanted calls...
      Hi sadbadger just a quick question to you because like you say you have been using a similar Shield.
      How does it block Unknown calls or unregisterd ? why i say that is because my wife is disabled and the hospital and some other people have unregisterd numbers that call.

Nobody is Perfect.....I am Nobody....Therefore I am Perfect

sadbadger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Draytek Vigor 130 + SR101 + Netgear R6400
      Thanks

Hi sdd, In Lettice's post#2 the link shows an option : Turning Call screening on or off.
      Perhaps a compromise would be to activate Sky Shield but turn off Call screening.
      This would still allow the blocking of unwanted calls that do show numbers, but let through the withheld and out of area types of call.
      Hardly ideal, but it appears that the actual number has to be known before it can added to the Shield list, even if it normally shows withheld on caller display !
      I don't think there's a system currently in place that can tell the difference between calls of the Unknown/withheld/out-of-area type.
      If you have decent mobile phone coverage in your house, perhaps get a cheap pay-as-you go phone for receiving calls only and update your NHS/people contacts with that number as the contact number ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast