Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Like Tree16Likes

New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening service

This is a discussion on New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening service within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; All done now over the phone, it was showing up online without my discount of free BB so all good....

B J
      B J is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange Too Far----- street cab 80 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening ser

All done now over the phone, it was showing up online without my discount of free BB so all good.
      speedyrite and Scubbie like this.
      His name was nut, Mr P Nut.

2. Advertisement
      morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Talk Shield says no to nuisance callers: First of its kind, free call screening ser

I activated Talk Shield in the morning a few days ago and deactivated it later the same day on the instructions of SWMBO!
      When she called to tall me she was on the way home from work and was confronted with the checking process she wasn't impressed. Whilst she understands the principle and is aware I hadn't gone through our contacts to add them to the star list at the time she called, she pointed out the numbers of times we leave our number with a restaurant booking, tradesmen etc to call back, all NHS numbers routinely withheld etc and wondered if these people would be bothered to go through the verification process and simply hang up.
      Personally I think systems such as Talk Shield are a fine idea and have been long overdue. As it becomes more widely used perhaps tradesmen and the like will simply see it for what it is and cope rather than hang up without leaving a message etc.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

@morgee If you don't want callers to go through the "checking process", I believe that all you have to do is login to your Sky account and navigate to Talk Shield settings then set "Call Screening" to OFF. And as long as the main Talk Shield is set to ON then junk calls from "robots" still get intercepted and swerved. People calling you back about restaurant bookings, NHS withheld numbers and tradesmen etc will still be able to get through unfettered. You might still get the odd unwanted call though, but then you just block it post-call.

For some time now, our policy has been to NOT give our landline number to anybody - which means that only family and friends would be expected callers - we give a mobile number instead (which is easier to ignore when necessary).

Since using Talk Shield, the landline has not rung at all with nuisance calls. And from examination of the received calls list (see https://www.sky.com/mysky/bb-and-tal...d/call-history ), the number of junk calls has also been massively reduced (because most of them are from robot dialling scammers and suchlike).

Very happy with Sky Talk Shield!
      morgee likes this.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

@speedyrite. Okay. I was unaware of that and will look into it. Thank you very much.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456