Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree15Likes

Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

This is a discussion on Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; First news. Now live on sky.com Line rental going up to £17.40 on December 1st. Voicemail going up to £1.25 ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

First news. Now live on sky.com

Line rental going up to £17.40 on December 1st.
      Voicemail going up to £1.25 per month.

Details here - www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/talk/code-of-practice/tariff-guide/

Further changes TBA.

EMBARGOED until next week.
      Scubbie likes this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

2. Advertisement
      wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Re: Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

Hello bubblegun
      Another nice early Christmas present from Sky !! more increases on the way I expect :
      although sky are beholding to BT for the line so not fully to blame : Are there any plans
      to offer 12 months advance payment at a discount ?? by any chance...........

I hope any changes that are about to happen are for the customers benefit : not just
      a further grab to recover the football excess costs.....'oh thats a dream surely......
      Time for a Pint..Me Thinks... Just a Thought......

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

spoke with sky today.... they offered a £4pm line rental discount. I'm at the end of my fibre/phone contract on 4th Nov. Currrently paying £9.99pm for rental but they wouldn;t match it. The £4 discount is only 10mth but 12mth re-contract.

I declined and will migrate to BT by the looks of it to get BT Sport.

To be fair, they would keep the £10pm discount on fibre pro, but again only for 10mths.
      speedyrite likes this.

Thanks

Hello reddwarfcrew :
      I must admit that since the Kids' have now moved to there own 'Gaff My phone bill has
      dropped 'like a stone' & the fact that I still have the Legacy 'Freetime Phone pack' :ie
      free evening & weekend calls this means SWMBO can check with the 'Cubs after 7pm
      but as I am now in the reduction mode : car Insurance / House Insurance Etc......
      I look to my entertainment outgoing's & although I have been with Sky about 16yrs
      with all the constant increases this is really annoying Me .......So a review is now well overdue & the fact that I continue to pay for for so many channels I never watch !!
      is just plain daft ....So where Next : Question !!........

The fact that 12mths advance Looks unlikely will not help........Just a Thought....

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Currrently paying £9.99pm for rental.
      Wish i could get that as i'm currently paying the standard £16.40pm as most customers are.

The last time i phoned in about 'doing something with the bill' was just over a year ago & it resulted in a £4pm discount on my old legacy HD pack.
      (I don't even subscribe to sports or movies so the HD pack is all about retaining the F1 channel.)
      Fair enough, but they then put it all back up by a total of £3 during the following 9 months thanks to the premier league football deal.
      Now another £1 on my line rental means i'm back to where i was just over a year ago.

Has the average person's net income risen during that year?
      Nope!

For a long time i've remained pragmatic about sky's 'whole package' 50% discounts, often described on this forum & given to those audacious enough threaten cancellation.
      The 'new customer' ones will never bother me because we all benefited from one of those didn't we?

Now though i'm seriously getting soooo close to risking them calling my bluff & phoning in with that request to cancel everything.

Sky, you're starting to extract the urine now.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Oh, I got the 50% TV discount last week when I rang to give my 30days notice.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I think Sky is now the only major provider who does not offer a "line saver" option (i.e. giving a discount in exchange for paying 12 months line rental up front).UPDATE: further details of the changes, including some details (quoted below) not on the Sky Talk tariff page, are reported here:http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/10/sky-broadband-becomes-latest-to-hike-the-price-of-phone-line-rental.html"At this point itís worth noting that the rate of inflation has been effectively flat this year, which means Sky canít use that as an excuse to explain why this yearís rise is on the same level as last year.Under Ofcomís guidelines mid-contract price hikes, particularly those that run above the level of inflation (most such increases usually do), should give subscribers the option to exit their contract penalty free within 30 days of receiving the price notification letter.Take note that most of Skyís customers are currently unaware of the above increases, although subscribers can probably expect a letter to arrive within the next few days or weeks.On top of all this most of Skyís customers with legacy products will soon be moved to an equivalent current package unless they opt to change to a different one online (this can apparently be deferred for 1 month). This is a reference to their refreshed voice products, which saw Sky scrap their free call allowances for new customers in July (here). We expected that something like this would happen and Sky certainly hasnít wasted any time, which is unlikely to make for a happy customer base."
      Last edited by speedyrite; 04-10-15 at 11:33 AM.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

Hello speedyrite
      I am afraid if this means the removal of My legacy 'Freetime skytalk' this would be
      one more reason to look at alternatives to sky as a provider !! even to look at a
      return to BT which I never thought would happen. They offer 12 mths advance
      at £194 around £16 a month. I expect the TV packs will be next for an increase as
      they try to claw back the football costings : nothing in these statements for the
      good ' Old Customer' ........Again...
      Just a Thought

- - - Updated - - -
      Last edited by wizard200; 04-10-15 at 06:54 PM.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky Help page for "Sky Line Rental and Talk package changes for 2015":

Sky Help: Sky Line Rental and Talk package changes for 2015
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

It may be worth talking to retentions but do your homework first (to show you are seriously considering leaving) and check what savings you would make by moving to BT or other providers. If you can get line rental discounted to £9.99 it will more than cover the extra £4 per month for the evenings and weekends Sky talk package. The discount should also increase by £1 to cover the hike in line rental.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast