Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Like Tree15Likes

Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

This is a discussion on Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; That was the lowest option I could select....

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

Re: Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

That was the lowest option I could select.
      seawright likes this.

2. Advertisement
      tywyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burry Port
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I got a letter today confirming that they were going to change my phone package and increase the charges by 4 a month from next month. What a bloody cheek! They tried to charge me an extra 4 for something that I don't use as it's only for my broadband. I was on the phone in a flash as I was unable to change the package online that I had not selected in the first place despite the letter that I received saying that I could. I'm on the basic Sky talk package, so why would I want an evening and weekends package that I would never use? The powers that be at Sky have totally lost the plot tbh, and quite frankly its' bloody embarrassing.

As they have massively overpaid for Premiership rights they are now trying to recoup some of their outlay with these pathetic and unnecessary price rises, so that that the bank accounts of vastly overpaid footballers can be swelled even further. The broaband unlimited is reliable and cheap, but I won't give this dreadful company 1p more than I need to.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tywyn For This Useful Post:

mcphailan. (14-10-15)

Thanks

interesting, they let you downgrade to pay as you talk when you rang? I got told I need to wait until december to downgrade.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrcol View Post
      interesting, they let you downgrade to pay as you talk when you rang? I got told I need to wait until december to downgrade.
      You can do your own downgrade online via MySky. But if you do it before 1 December, you lose the 1 month offer period of having the new package at the price of the previous package. In other words, you will lose the prolonged period of having the benefit of postponing the price increase by 1 month!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Bah. More charges. I really need to start looking around for another provider.

MySky lets you do it. However if you want to remove VoiceMail which is also going up (and I think that goes for anything you can add via MySky but if you want to remove something, you can't) you have to call them. Which is what I did.

Thanks

I cannot do it on mysky, and was told I cannot do it on mysky (and they cannot do it over phone) until december when I asked why I cannot do it.

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Heres a funny one for you. Like others I object to paying 4 for sky talk when never used landline for voice calls (have all inclusive uk call mobile). But I been with Sky so long that I never had to move to sky line rental; i.e. I am still with BT Rental. They told me they "cant" downgrade me to sky talk payg unless line rental is sky. "Computer says no". So am moving to sky line rental. They must be raking it in if more customers in my situation! Sly old Sky...

(I am not moving provider as overall costs will still same and broadband is nice n reliable, famous last words....)

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tywyn View Post

As they have massively overpaid for Premiership rights they are now trying to recoup some of their outlay with these pathetic and unnecessary price rises, so that that the bank accounts of vastly overpaid footballers can be swelled even further. The broaband unlimited is reliable and cheap, but I won't give this dreadful company 1p more than I need to.
      wow, in a nutshell ! well said!!!!

LeeH1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barrow Upon Humber
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

I cannot do it on mysky, and was told I cannot do it on mysky (and they cannot do it over phone) until december when I asked why I cannot do it.
      Say what?

MsG
      MsG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcphailan. View Post
      Heres a funny one for you. Like others I object to paying 4 for sky talk when never used landline for voice calls (have all inclusive uk call mobile). But I been with Sky so long that I never had to move to sky line rental; i.e. I am still with BT Rental. They told me they "cant" downgrade me to sky talk payg unless line rental is sky. "Computer says no". So am moving to sky line rental. They must be raking it in if more customers in my situation! Sly old Sky...

(I am not moving provider as overall costs will still same and broadband is nice n reliable, famous last words....)
      Hi - I'm in exactly the same position, having BT line rental. However you have been lied to - they can downgrade you to payg. If you read the small print at the end of the notification email, it says the "upgrades" do not have to be taken by non-Sky line rentals customers. I spoke to someone two days ago who confirmed that all I have to do is say I don't want the new package. He was going to change me over to payg there and then, but as I realised we then would not have inclusive call 6 weeks early (!) I have to ring back 1st December. Ring them back again!
      The first customer service person I spoke to didn't have a clue (kept referring to the letter I'd received and that it was explained in here) and didn't call back either as they said they would.
      I think the whole thing is very cheeky - particularly as there is no option online to not upgrade, all the buttons include switching to sky line rental.
      How many non-sky line rental customers are going to end up switching through this? You can't be forced to switched line rental!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MsG For This Useful Post:

mcphailan. (17-10-15)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast