Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Like Tree15Likes

Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

This is a discussion on Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by chrcol ok but thats one hell of an undercut, I have never heard of any provider cutting ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Skytalk Increases 1st December 2015

Quote Originally Posted by chrcol View Post
      ok but thats one hell of an undercut, I have never heard of any provider cutting line rental that low before, usually they cut tv or broadband but not line rental.

So what do I say to get that 10 deal?

If I say I want to leave due to line rental increase surely they only need to say "but we still the cheapest" which is true.
      Your complaint should be that Your Sky package is getting too expensive and this latest Sky talk increase is the last straw but as I said previously check what offers you could get from Sky's competitors so that the agent will believe that if you can't get a better deal that you have every intention of leaving.

If necessary cancel your TV as nothing will happen for 31 days but don't cancel broadband or phone just let the agent know that you will be placing an order with your preferred supplier. I can't guarantee that you will get the 9.99 line rental offer and as you say you may get an offer on TV or broadband instead but at the end of the day it is the total price you pay that matters not how it is derived.

Edit: Sky's turnaround agents are briefed on the latest prices and offers from their competitors so they will know if you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      So i risked it.

Result.
      Free broadband unlimited for 12 months.
      35% off the 26.50 variety element of my legacy varietyHD package for 8 months.
      Continuation of existing 4 discount on the HD element for 4 (3 more) years.
      Locked into phone, broadband & tv for 12 months.

Alternative tv offer was free sky+ subscription for 12 months, negating the need to buy a freesat pvr but decided to keep all my channels.
      I've only read to your post on this thread so far...
      But for the best deal (sorry you will now be in-contract) you should have taken the "free" sky+ option. [Unless you want/need the F1HD with the old HD pack]. As long as you were opted in to marketing calls or you called back after it cancelled then you could have got Family half price for 12 months on top. Giving a total bill of 24.40 plus your calls package.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koala5 View Post
      So the conversation has been had! and after talking to the first girl who
      said she could do nothing about the price increase and forced phone
      package 'Upgrade' which I don't want! She seemed quite happy for me
      to walk! But then right at the last minute just as I was about to put the
      phone down she says "Or I could put you through to retension dept?"
      So second conversation was more helpful! They said they cannot prevent
      automatic upgrade, but can give me line rental for 10 a month for ten
      months and in the case of my Mums account the same deal with free
      broadband unlimited for 12 months, she was on lite! So looks like Sky
      won us over for another 12 months! Will take another look at it next year!
      I take it the conversation was they/we cannot stop the increase if you want to keep the free weekend/ weekend&evening calls rather than cannot change you to a different package ?
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

very very curious how people have managed to get line rental for 9.99. One surely cannot get it by threatening to leave as no competitor has such cheap line rental.

My bill is increasing by 5.

4 for removing inclusive weekend calls that sky are contracted to provide me for 18 months (they now breaching contract)
      1 for the line rental price hike to 17.40

Both starting for me in jan 2015.

Sky told me I can downgrade to pay as you talk to remove the 4.
      I'm reading these as I go...

A small number of retentions advisors can still do an offer of 10m 9.99 line rental although they have no offer on broadband.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Not sure whether the line rental increase will be strictly applied from 1st of December but the change in calls packages is being deferred by up to a month so as to align itself will with customer's payment dates.

Edit: For someone who intends to leave Sky matching a competitors charges is insufficient, retentions need to be able to undercut them.
      Replying as I read them...

Lots of people (not as many as there used to be) are being billed in arrears for their calls package so to bring everyone in line with the new packages everyone will be moved to the new packages from the 1st December but most people won't be billed at the new rate until the January bill.

Some (longer tenure skytalk customers) won't change until March 2016 bills - who has a really long memory from when sky talk was billed 2 1/2 months begins actual calls? That's you guys!!

- - - Updated - - -

ok but thats one hell of an undercut, I have never heard of any provider cutting line rental that low before, usually they cut tv or broadband but not line rental.

If I say I want to leave due to line rental increase surely they only need to say "but we still the cheapest" which is true.
      Replying as I read them...

That package is VERY unlikely to be offered now. About 95% of retention advisors no longer have that offer (about a year ago about 95% did) and instead you will be offered something else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Your complaint should be that Your Sky package is getting too expensive and this latest Sky talk increase is the last straw but as I said previously check what offers you could get from Sky's competitors so that the agent will believe that if you can't get a better deal that you have every intention of leaving.

If necessary cancel your TV as nothing will happen for 31 days but don't cancel broadband or phone just let the agent know that you will be placing an order with your preferred supplier. I can't guarantee that you will get the 9.99 line rental offer and as you say you may get an offer on TV or broadband instead but at the end of the day it is the total price you pay that matters not how it is derived.

Edit: Sky's turnaround agents are briefed on the latest prices and offers from their competitors so they will know if you are trying to pull the wool over their eyes.
      In one of my posts above I've posted the way to get the best Sky deal and it's not going to give the deal you mentioned.

The 9.99 line rental needs you to keep TV.

You want them to ask you to keep Sky+ with telephone and broadband.

I don't think I've mentioned it in the above posts but it keeps you at 16.40 line rental for another 12 months from the day you accept the offer (unless sky+ goes up for non-TV customers next year).

Then make sure you are opted-in to marketing offers by telephone, email and post so you get a good enough deal in your notice period or just after it cancels.

Then you can get Family, unlimited broadband and line rental for (potentially) 24.40 per month.
      seawright likes this.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      I've only read to your post on this thread so far...
      But for the best deal (sorry you will now be in-contract) you should have taken the "free" sky+ option. [Unless you want/need the F1HD with the old HD pack]. As long as you were opted in to marketing calls or you called back after it cancelled then you could have got Family half price for 12 months on top. Giving a total bill of 24.40 plus your calls package.
      I do like the F1.

BTW, where does 24.40 come from as the family pack is 36?
      Wouldn't that be 18 family + 17.40 line rental = 35.40 (+ 8 anytime extra)?

edit
      Just read your other post explaining how the offer would have kept line rental at 16.40.
      So total bill would have been 34.40.
      Typo?
      Last edited by gymno; 08-10-15 at 11:12 PM.

theoddbot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: RT-AC68U
      Thanks

It's not true, Sky aren't the cheapest.

Plusnet, SSE and fuel broadband are all cheaper.

I've only been back on Sky fibre a few months and I'm once again considering my options.

Other than price these days, there's not really much difference between ISP's imo. If I can't find a good cash back offer then I'll just sit tight until next year.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

theoddbot plusnet arent cheaper for voice services I came from them. Note I am not including deals for joining but standard prices.

on sky caller display is inclusive, on plusnet. bt and talktalk it costs extra.

also thanks bubblegun as I suspected I would have no chance of the 10 line rental, as I suspected its only given to those who pay sky for other services which you confirmed, I dont have any sky tv service just line rental (with no outbound calls) and broadband.

bubblegun is there any offer at all for someone with fiber pro and line rental that I could haggle for?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

also thanks bubblegun as I suspected I would have no chance of the 10 line rental, as I suspected its only given to those who pay sky for other services which you confirmed, I dont have any sky tv service just line rental (with no outbound calls) and broadband.
      Perhaps you should update your profile. I took this into account, "Sky TV: Sky Basic" on my previous replies.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast