Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

1571 dual dial tone

This is a discussion on 1571 dual dial tone within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by tenar it takes 2 days to switch on takes 24hour to clear on openreach system before it ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: 1571 dual dial tone

Quote Originally Posted by tenar View Post
      it takes 2 days to switch on takes 24hour to clear on openreach system before it can be reordered
      It seems like this is indeed how it should work & that in my case, sky's attempt to reactivate voicemail just 5 hours after deactivaction has caused a problem or two.

My sky package details, bill & an e-mail from sky all agree that deactivaction occurred on 26th & reactivation occurred on 28th.
      However, although i've been able to access my mailbox since the lady kindly called me back on the 26th, nobody has been able to leave a message because incoming calls still aren't being diverted to voicemail.
      To cut a long story short, the issue was escalated to the noc team yesterday (30th) & i'm to expect a call-back on monday 2nd.

With this in mind, i'd advise anyone with a voicemail problem who's thinking of trying the deactivacte / reactivate method to cure it, that they initially phone sky just to deactivate it.
      (I believe it's only able to be done over the phone now anyway).
      Then after 2 or 3 days it should be available to add in the 'customise my package' section of the mysky area at sky.com.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I finally have voicemail working again.

The issue seems to have perplexed some staff at sky who i've been in contact with recently.
      (They've been excellent in keeping me up to date).
      Then today after a simple test call left unanswered & something done while the phone was unplugged, the lady called to say "OK, i'll have to take a look at your line configuration".

Two minutes later it was fixed!
      Scubbie likes this.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Just to add...

I may have got all this wrong, but my experience has left me wondering if perhaps sky's escalation process has changed?

After several other calls, i received another on monday (2nd) from a chap i presumed to be from the NOC team - not only due to a lack of the usual request for my name, address & password, but also the general nature of his MO.
      I'm also pretty sure that i recognised the voice from when i had broadband problems ages ago.
      Anyway, having performed a few checks & tests he described the issue as bizarre & said he'd have to escalate it even higher.

The lady i spoke to today certainly wasn't there to give apologetic PR either & obviously meant business too.
      She had an eastern european accent & it was after the call that i thought 'hang on - aren't sky's ex-o2 'pro team' bulgarian'?
      Of course it could be coincidence, but how many eastern european women work for the NOC team & in my area?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

but how many eastern european women work for the NOC team & in my area?
      It may surprise you. There are 3 working at the restaurant I eat at regularly.
      gymno likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It may surprise you. There are 3 working at the restaurant I eat at regularly.
      Fair enough & no, it doesn't surprise me.

In my mind it merely seems to be a possibility that after escalation it went to the NOC team & then to the 'pro' team?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12