Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SKY talk anytime

This is a discussion on SKY talk anytime within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Can someone help me with this please? I had a letter recently from Sky regarding a change in Sky ...

Awest3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01527
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

SKY talk anytime

Hi, Can someone help me with this please?

I had a letter recently from Sky regarding a change in Sky anytime. I cant understand what its trying to say!

I have Talk anytime which allows me to make calls to landlines at, obvious this, anytime for no charge. It exempts mobiles,0870 and 0845 numbers fair enough.

It now seems there will be 2 anytimes (sort of defeats the object of the name really) Anytime UK and anytime international.

The Uk costing 5 per month and the international 10.

Looking at the UK anytime it seems to suggest that only UK landline weekend calls are now part of the package.

So 2 questions 1) am I right in my understanding? 2) which of the 2 anytimes will I be put on?

Sorry if it easy to understand but to me the letter was written by someone with a degree in gibberish.

Al

- - - Updated - - -

sorry I actually had talk unlimited not anytime..?

Does this still exist?

2. Advertisement
      Awest3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01527
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: SKY talk anytime

Answering my own question, sorry should have done this first.

It appears nothing is changing for me, according to an agent, The name has changed but I still get unlimited landline calls at anytime and they now include 087 and 0845.. must be a catch somewhere I'll let you know If I spot one.

Al

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: SKY talk anytime

The catch, if you can call it that, is that the old anytime had free calls to some international destinations included but not 0845 numbers. With the new "Sky Talk Anytime UK you lose access to free international calls but gain free calls to the 0845 numbers which are used by a large number of service providers for their telephone contact numbers. Calls to 0870 numbers were free on both the old and new packages.

All free calls are limited to one hour duration. If you need to talk for longer than one hour it will still be free provided you hang-up and re-dial before the hour is exceeded. If you have Sky Talk, calls to Sky customer services using their 0844 numbers are free irrespective of the duration of the call. All other non-Sky 0844 calls are chargeable.

For customers who regularly phone abroad Sky Talk Anytime International includes free calls to many more countries than the old Anytime package but the monthly cost is double that of the previous calls package.