Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

12 months up front line rental - renewing!!!

This is a discussion on 12 months up front line rental - renewing!!! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; If I have already paid the 12 months line rental on September 30th of 119.40 will avoid the price rise?...

jeffkey1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hook, Hampshire
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: 12 months up front line rental - renewing!!!

If I have already paid the 12 months line rental on September 30th of 119.40 will avoid the price rise?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkey1 View Post
      If I have already paid the 12 months line rental on September 30th of 119.40 will avoid the price rise?
      If it has been accepted you will avoid the price rise.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

OK Good,
      Sky took my payment for line advance of 119.40 for the next 12 months renewal on the 30th September no problem. (The old twelve months contract ran out on the 30th September).
      But this months bill included a 14.50 line rental charge.
      I have just tried to get this refunded but customer services say there was a problem in applying the line advance on their part and are trying to refund me the 119.40 and want to take 140.40 instead.
      I have said no way.
      A csr has been raised.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkey1 View Post
      OK Good,
      Sky took my payment for line advance of 119.40 for the next 12 months renewal on the 30th September no problem. (The old twelve months contract ran out on the 30th September).
      But this months bill included a 14.50 line rental charge.
      I have just tried to get this refunded but customer services say there was a problem in applying the line advance on their part and are trying to refund me the 119.40 and want to take 140.40 instead.
      I have said no way.
      A csr has been raised.
      On reading your post I checked my own account and found they have made a complete mess of it. Although they accepted my upfront payment on 23rd Sept., taken from bank on 25th Sept., they have shown it against my TV account. Although it is shown as a credit on one page, on the next it suddenly turns into a charge, so instead of my TV costing about 52, I am being charged 171. To say I am upset is putting it mildly. One thing in my favour is that it is shown clearly on my Resolutions page as being an upfront payment for Phone rental. I seem to remember that the cut off date for getting it at the old price was 26th Sept., which is why I got in on the 23rd.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Ahhh I didn't any cut off date. Where was that mentioned.
      Not by the customer service rep I phoned....

Thanks

Not sure, according to Bubblegun, who should know, the actual date was 15th Oct, but I seem to remember that 26th was the cut off date for the old price.

TomD

Useful Utilites

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

Sky can take a payment before your current 12 months expire. HOWEVER, the system at the moment cannot apply that against your account as a new 12 month up front line rental payment UNTIL the old 12 months has expired PLUS 1 day!
      If they do attempt to apply the 119.40, it will be set against your account and then recharged to your skytv and of course you will be charged the current monthly line rental at your next bill as the system has not recognised your up front payment.

Sky then have to refund the 119.40 as their system cannot reapply this payment to your account. However when they do the refund, because they forget to cancel out the 119.40 charge for the skytv, you end up with a minus account balance of 119.40 and a red message stating that an account payment is due!!!

I have been told by Sky to ignore this message and that when the next bill is produced, the minus balance should be offset by the cancelling of the sky tv for the same amount. Then the up front payment I had to make, 140.40, will then be applied to my account for 12 months and that should credit my account with the monthly line rental which will offset the monthly payment.

Clear!?!!?!?!

I have told Sky several times over the last month that their system for renewing is awful!
      We should have a box to tick online or we inform them on the phone, that we are happy to renew and on the next bill when your 12 month is up, a direct debit of 140.40 should be taken in addition to your normal direct debit.

That would make it nice and easy!!

But no we have to have a right carry on with Sky to get something simple sorted and see our accounts messed up.

In my case, because my previous 12 months expired before the cost rise, I was given a credit for the difference between the new price and the old price.
      If however you paid up front and your current offer expired AFTER the price rise, then you will have to get a kind sky agent to refund the difference because you will have to pay the 140.40, their system will not accept any other way!

It took me over 4 weeks to get my renewal sorted and I still have to check in a weeks time that my next bill has the correct refunds, charges, line rental credit etc!

I keep my fingers crossed that the next bill will be 100% correct, the last 3 have not!!!!

Thanks

In my case I paid after my previous 12months had expired but before the price rise. It made no difference. Sky's accounts are a mess. Just hoping they sort mine out ot I will be off.

TomD

Useful Utilites

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Yes the accounting principles as demonstrated by their bills seem to be over-complicated - no wonder customers complain that they can't understand the bill when something is added or removed!
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      In my case I paid after my previous 12months had expired but before the price rise. It made no difference. Sky's accounts are a mess. Just hoping they sort mine out ot I will be off.
      Does not surprise me, I was putting the sky billing errors down to what I had been told. In your case, there are no excuses at all that Sky can make!

Have you made a strong complaint about their useless billing system to the exec office?
      It needs to be pointed out because the same thing will happen next year.

- - - Updated - - -

My current bill:

Billing Period Charges

Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies HD 20 Oct - 19 Nov 65.25

Up Front Payment Taken 23 Sep - 22 Sep 119.40

Sky TV total: 184.65

Billing Period Charges

Sky Broadband Unlimited 20 Oct - 19 Nov 7.50

Billing Period Charges

Sky Talk Line Rental 20 Oct - 19 Nov 14.50
      Sky Talk Anytime UK 20 Oct - 19 Nov 5.00
      Credit for Cancellation of Sky Talk Anytime 23 Sep - 19 Oct - 4.50
      Sky Talk Anytime UK 23 Sep - 19 Oct 4.50

Credit Card Refund 14 Oct 30.80
      Credit Card Refund 14 Oct 88.60

Important information about your account
      Payment on your account is overdue

Please check that your payment details are correct.
      Amend your card or bank account details if they have changed since you set up your account.
      You can also clear the outstanding balance on your account with a one-off payment.

I have no idea why my 119.40 was paid back in 2 lots!!!
      And the 119.40 in the bill above was a charge!!!!!!!!!

My next bill will no doubt be a right mess, with the 140.40 to be applied, the skytv to be credited with 119.40 to offset the negative balance in my account and I still have the good old sky monthly line rental to be charged and then hopefully offset.

The joys of the sky monthly bill!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast