Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bye Bye BT

This is a discussion on Bye Bye BT within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Just received an email from BT they are putting there line rental to 15.99 in January + they are going ...

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Bye Bye BT

Just received an email from BT they are putting there line rental to 15.99 in January + they are going charge 1.75 per month for the 1571 service and 1.75 per month for caller display!! Basically they are taking the p@@@ and can shove it where the sun doesn't shine! I am just hoping that if I switch my phone to Sky that they don't follow suit with these rip of charges.

Who thinks that Sky are likely to follow BT with these price hikes?..

Kevin.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Bye Bye BT

Was thinking the same, whether sky and the other isps will follow.
      But as Sky have already anounced their smaller line rental increase, perhaps we will not see it for another year.
      Surprised BT are doing this, caller display is popular, especially to view those International and withheld calls that noone wants.
      The 1571 service, I'm not bothered about, noone ever leaves a message on it anyway for me. Any important people who need to get hold of me urgently will just email, text or phone a mobile.
      It may see people using the answer machine services on their phone handsets instead or be a boost again for the old fashioned answering machine.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just called BT about this and they really didn't seem to give a monkeys! They confirmed yes 3.50 extra + line rental increase in Jan. When I said I would switch to Sky the guy said "oh we'll that's your choice!" So valued customer of 30 years walks, isn't valued at all! That phone call was the final nail in the coffin! I am done with them! Unreasonable charges for something we have had free for years and a bad attitude as we'll.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Any change such as adding a charge for 1571, caller display and any other service which is currently free with Sky's telephone line rental would be kept secret until marketing were ready to publish it.

Sadly there is an increase due on Sky's line rental, but it is still less than BT's prices.

I have an ansa-phone on my telephone. If Sky were to start charging, then I would simply have it removed. The caller display though is very useful. If someone in my phone' directory calls, then they get a different ring tone and I get to see who it is before I answer.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms