Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

This is a discussion on charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I was just checking my bill and noticed I've been charged for a premium rate number. I don't recognise the ...

mergertroid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

I was just checking my bill and noticed I've been charged for a premium rate number. I don't recognise the number, we never dial them in this household so I googled it which came up with nothing apart from someone else asking what it was. I phoned sky to see if they could shed some light and the agent called the number for me, turns out it's a premium rate number for Sky! The thing is this number is not listed anywhere as a Sky number and as it doesn't come up in a search how could I have got the number to dial it? Whenever I need to call sky I google the number or go direct to the sky website to find it. I think that something must have gone wrong at sky's end, I mean how could I have dialled the number if I can't even find it on the net? Sky are refusing to take responsibility and refuse to acknowedge that something may have gone wrong and won't refund me. The agent didn't even believe me when I said that no one but me and my OH use our phone, suggesting that someone could have used it without me knowing! I'm not happy!
      Has this happened to anyone else out there?

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

re: charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

Lots of people seem to phone Sky from telephone numbers found by google searching things like "Sky customer services".

Some people use the search box on sky.com but do not realise that unless they click to search "Sky" then it will just be general web search.

Really it's not Sky's fault you don't know how to do a web search.

If you are calling Sky from a Sky phoneline you should be using 08442 414141 or 150 works if you have Sky line rental too.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

When you say it was a Premium rate number do you mean it started 09?

Do you live in a flat with a communal services cupboard?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Richie Rich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky World HD
      Thanks
      This is coming up more and more often at work now. If you google sky customer services, the top link directs you to Sky official home page, if you click the second link this takes you to a non Sky page which displays an 09 number and quite clearly states ' call the number below to obtain the number for Sky Customer Services, calls charged at 1.53 a minute.

In all honesty, it just seems like you have made a simple mistake when searching for sky's number. Sky are not liable to refund this money back to you.

As advised in previous post, either dial 150 from your telephone handset or dial 08442 414141.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I've just tried googling sky customer services again and I still don't see any link to a non sky site with a 09 number on my laptop or my phone (thanks Bubblegun but funnily enough I do know how to do a web search!)
      This is the number 09045451260, google it, nothing comes up for Sky.
      I live in a house Isitme, no one else has access to the phone.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I know it is too late, but as above, if you search for sky customer services, the second paid for ad, is this one.

charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260-cust1.jpg

Which to someone searching on Google, may click on it, ehich then brings this. Incidentally, their skin looks like an iPad to me, wonder if Apple would like to know. Without calling it a money making scheme, it is a little bit like they are preying on people to use their services at a high cost per minute.

Although granted they do state, Please note that the information that we provide can be found without charge by searching yourself within the public domain

I have searched it a few times and then clicked on it, (which obviously costs them some money). They shouldn't be allowed to do this though, it is not exactly transparent.

charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260-cust2.jpg
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

PS - I have changed the thread title so it shows the phone number, this will help flag it on Google etc for people to realise it is a premium number, as like you say there are no references to it on Google apart from this one a couple of hours ago.

09045451260 - who calls me from 09045451260?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

So it's not actually sky that have the number, it's a third party? and that's legal? jeez! Anyway adblock on firefox blocks the ads so I don't see it when I search! The other strange thing is the duration of the call is only 5 mins, I've never been able to call sky for so short a time! I did make a call arouns that time as Sky have been texting me when I didn't sign up for marketing but the call definitely lasted longer than that as the agent wasn't sure what to do about it.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks Newsreader, I dread to think how much people are spending on this as the call times are really long sometimes.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

To be fair to you, if it lasted 5 minutes, then it wouldn't be that service I don't think, unless they charge for a 5 minute call just to give you Sky's proper phone number.

I cannot see Sky using it at all as an official number to themselves, much as they like making shedloads of money, I think they are normally pretty fair, and transparent re their call charges.

Was the marketing text definitely a proper Sky one, and not from say someone trying to sell you an extended warranty etc - I know it sounds daft, but if you did call them about that time, maybe that number was on the text?

If you look at your phone bill, does it show both calls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast