Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

This is a discussion on charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260 within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Don't you just love Google. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=09...ient=firefox-a...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: charged for a sky premium rate number - 09045451260

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

2. Advertisement
      mergertroid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

The texts are definitely from Sky, it's a sky movies message with a link to a trailer for this weeks premier. I have sent a reply text stating STOP as it says in the texts many times but they're still coming! I spoke to someone about it again on Friday and she couldn't work out why I'm still getting them, neither coould any of her colleagues or supervisors! She did confirm it would definitely be from sky though. She's going to call me again on Friday to see if I get another.
      There's no calls to Sky on that day, I'm guessing it was around that time I called them though as it was a Friday and that's when I get the texts, there are no calls to the 0844 Sky number on that bill at all strangely. I just looked at your link, it's all a bit strange as they give you the number when you call them so I would have had to hang up and re dial sky but it's not showing on the bill that that's what happened.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mergertroid View Post
      I just looked at your link, it's all a bit strange as they give you the number when you call them so I would have had to hang up and re dial sky but it's not showing on the bill that that's what happened.
      You wouldn't have been connected through them?

ie You get the number then took the option to be connected via them?

If there is no 0844 number on the bill at the sameish time, same date, logically it explains what has happened. But doesn't prove that you did dial the wrong number obviously.

I don't think Sky would do anything in all honesty, you could try writing a strong letter, but I doubt it would bear any fruit.

The only other advice, is maybe ask if they will block future premium numbers, not sure if that is possible or not though.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

mergertroid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I've no idea if I could have connected through them, I still can't work out how I could have got the number in the first place unless my adblock had a hissy fit that day! The guy I spoke to at Sky today who called the number for me just said it was sky customer services, odd that he didn't say that it was a directory enquiries so maybe they do put you through without saying anything, I'm not calling it to find out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12