Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Moving to LLU question?

This is a discussion on Sky Moving to LLU question? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I got a letter about 2 weeks ago saying my phone line was changing to a better network. ...

A7mag3ddon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: TQ
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Netgear WNDR4500
      Sky TV: No TV
      Thanks

Sky Moving to LLU question?

Hi all,

I got a letter about 2 weeks ago saying my phone line was changing to a better network. To cut along story short last Wednesday night i had issues with my broadband with speeds and throughput. I cant the very next day because my speed was now 4095 when previously it had been 19760. They said that i had been unbundled from the local exchange and they had done a profile reset and it would automatically change back to what it had been before and not to worry.

Last time they did a profile reset my speeds gradually increased every day until i was back at 19, However this time its now been 5 days and it is still at 4meg.

So i guess there are 2 questions really, Can Sky LLU me without asking Talk Talk did this to my parents and they had a nightmare when they switched providers because TT ceased the broadband. Their line went into limbo and it cost about 150 to reconnect and they were without phone and BB for a few weeks because of it, not to mention all the stress and hassle.

and secondly.. why has my speeds not increased? has the way the profiling changed so it will jump to the max and the end of 10 days or should i call them because something isnt right ?

Oh and am i aloud to ask my line go back to being on the old system/ equipment and not LLU, i haven't agreed to any changes.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section i didnt know where to post.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Moving to LLU question?

When you take Sky Phone Rental you agree that your line will be moved to SVBN when it becomes available on your exchange. I think that answers most of your questions.

As for your speed, call Sky and ask them to configure your line or make sure that DLM is started on it. You may not get the full download speed you had, but your upload is likely to improve. If they decide to configure the line manually make sure they also increase your upload.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I'll have to check my contract when i get home, if its there it was hidden as i wouldnt have agreed to it.

I contacted sky and they said they no longer set speeds manually and it has to be done via the DLM. Why would you say i wont get the full speed i used to get when ive had it for 8 months allredy?

Thanks

To my knowledge there are only 2 occasions where you will not be moved to the SVBN. 1. If you have an alarm system that is not compatible with the network and 2, if you were on Sky rental previous to the introduction of SVBN you had the opportunity to opt out then.

As for Sky saying they no longer set speeds manually, that is nonsense, you have been unfortunate enough to get one of the agents who is not trained in this. Did they indicate that DLM had started? In fact DLM often does a better job than a manual reset as it can use a lower noise margin and thus give you a better speed than a manual reset.

Why would you say i wont get the full speed i used to get when ive had it for 8 months allredy?
      Many have claimed they lost speed with the move to SVBN. I personally lost about 80kb, but gain 200 kb in upload speed. Have a look here-
      http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-b...move-svbn.html

This is the relevant part of the T & Cs -

What is the Sky Network?

If you take Sky Talk Calls, Sky Line Rental and Sky Broadband Everyday Lite or Unlimited, where possible your Sky Talk and Sky Broadband services will be provided on our own new network (rather than BT's). We call this our Sky Network. Whether we provide your Sky Talk and Sky Broadband services on the Sky Network will depend on where you live. If you live in an area where the Sky Network is not available straightaway but later becomes available, we'll contact you to let you know that we'll move you onto the Sky Network.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Im just on the phone with sky as i type on hold, they said the maxium line speed i can get is between 2 & 10 and im currently at 4.

When i pointed out that i had been with them 8 months and was previously getting 19.7 they couldn't believe so went at checked my account, luckily whoever did my speeds has it recorded ( i also have screenshots of the modem connect speed with date showing)

They are now saying they cannot understand why i have been unbundled at all given my new speeds and what i had before!

Sheesh...

I've asked to go back to the BT network instead of skys, they say they can do it and it takes 40 days... so we will see when she comes back to the phone :-/

Thanks

You are not the first this has happened to. Luckily they believed you had a much better speed previously, some have more or less been called liars when they claimed this. Maybe if you post your stats we can give an idea of what is going on. How to get your router statistics - Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Ok so now im on 16.5 which is a start. They didn't have a choice but to believe me, i've been with them 8 months and i have screen shots of the modems connection speed showing 19.x mbit.

They have now said that if its not back to its original 19.7 within 10days they will call me so we shall see how that pans out.

These are my STATS

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 16382 kbps 765 kbps
      Line Attenuation 17.5 dB 10.3 dB
      Noise Margin 7.3 dB 17.0 dB

Thanks

If DLM is running you will get a bit more, especially on your upload it should go up to around 1.2Mb. Do you have a record of your attenuation, has it gone up with the move? This is what several members found when they moved.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Sadly i dont have pics of the Db's just the sync rate. I used to get between 2.0 and 2.2 mb down and upload about 180kbs if that means anything.

I just want what i had before. if i get extra then great but if i dont no biggie.