Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Intermittent problems on sky talk

This is a discussion on Intermittent problems on sky talk within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello, I live in the Wales, Bridgend area.... I am on skytalk unlimited....i get a phone from a friend....i call ...

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Intermittent problems on sky talk

Hello,

I live in the Wales, Bridgend area....

I am on skytalk unlimited....i get a phone from a friend....i call back.... there is intermittent scratching sounds in the background & I cannot hear my friend the other end, my friend tells me he is also hearing the same scratching background noise, he is also on skytalk, dunno which package, but he is telling me he can also hear this loud scratching
      noise. then after a few intermitent scratching sound the line goes dead, this has happened 7 times now, phoneing the same friend, 1 time there was no scratching, but the line went dead. Also, triend phoneing parents, spoke to them for 3 mins, no scratching noise but the line went dead also after the 3 mins...

is it worth reporting this problem to skytalk??

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Intermittent problems on sky talk

Both of you need to perform a quiet line test. Using a corded telephone, plugged into the Test socket, dial '1' and listen for any noise.

Whom ever has the line fault should call their line provider (i.e. who you pay the line rental to).

It sounds like one of you has a broken line. Typically a tree of something has made contact with the line and is now brushing against it, causing the noise. There are other explanations.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.