Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Talk Talk to Sky

This is a discussion on Talk Talk to Sky within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Talk talk called my father today and I think they are using really shocking scare tactics. They tell him that ...

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Talk Talk to Sky

Talk talk called my father today and I think they are using really shocking scare tactics.

They tell him that monthly rolling contracts are not an option and as he has now done 24 months he has to renew for another 24 or leave.

Is this true?

If he were to leave he has used the Sky Broadband join us part of the website where you put in your tek number and they give you information about what you can get.

It tells him he can move to Sky but not with his number

As he is LLU with Talk Talk is this true. This is what puts him off the full process.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

2. Advertisement
      deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: John Lewis broadband
      Router: Nighthawk r7000
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Talk Talk to Sky

sounds like talk talk are really pushing things badly i was with bt and i had my phone number moved to sky without changing it. so you can just tell him to leave talk talk and join sky. what is it about is it mobile or phone or broadband that your enquiring

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

It would be Talktalk Landline to Sky Landline.

I understand about BT but they are not LLU.

Does anyone have experience of LLU Talktalk to LLU Sky?
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

James_478 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aycliffe [NEAYC]
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom F@ST 2304n
      Thanks

My sister moved from TalkTalk LLU without issue, in fact it was easier than I had imagined, TalkTalk we saying they had a bill to pay and SOMEHOW Sky just "took" the line. It was weird, TalkTalk were refusing to let them leave. They rang sky and managed to get connected within days :S

Leaving Sky's LLU to go somewhere else however, that's a different story. Sky REFUSED to give up my telephone number, so it is possible that TalkTalk could do the same

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James_478 View Post
      Leaving Sky's LLU to go somewhere else however, that's a different story. Sky REFUSED to give up my telephone number, so it is possible that TalkTalk could do the same
      This is a common issue across all LLU providers. It depends where you have moved from and where you are moving to. However under the terms of the Ofcom regulations you should be able to 'port' the number with you to your new provider if you put it in writing.

@newbuilder: With regards to telephone calls demanding that someone sign up to a 24 month contract, I have one answer: Goodbye!

Check that Sky does have an LLU presence in the exchange with SamKnows, then simply get him to move on over.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

geezerone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet FTTC
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

I was thinking about this too recently and is one reason I am staying with my phone provider (BT). Although LLU operators should release the number the experience(s) shown have often been difficult or impossible for some. It should be like porting a mobile number or MAC code process but isn't and they don't tell you the difficulty in moving away when you sign up of course

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

I know that this has been a major issue in the past and that it should no longer be an issue.

Ofcom regulations specifically state that a number should be able to be moved between providers in both directions.

I haven't go the specific link, but it was posted on this forum this time last year. Basically it stated that if the request were put in writing, then there should be no reason to object to it.

In fairness most people don't put that kind of thing in writing these days, nor should they. I am also aware just how often people get given the good old BS treatment and just want to get rid of the old company because of poor experiences. However it was clearly written in the regulations laid out by Ofcom.

Having done a quick search, check out this page and the links it leads to: Ofcom | Number Portability information and useful links

Also check out this statement: Ofcom | Telephone number portability for consumers switching suppliers

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms