Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Another Caller Display problem

This is a discussion on Another Caller Display problem within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've had the same problem as a lot of others with Caller Display ! Switched from BT to Sky, worked ...

ads2312 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Another Caller Display problem

I've had the same problem as a lot of others with Caller Display !
      Switched from BT to Sky, worked fine for about a year then just stopped working. I've so far followed all the instructions above many times plus anything sky have advised when I've called and 6 months later it's still not fixed. Today I received a parcel in the post with a new 'special' filter. Guess what, didn't do anything !!

There was a letter in the parcel saying it's an ongoing problem for a few customers and they are still trying to fix.

They said to try the filter and if that didn't work try replacing the phone, mine is a Pan - KX series, cheaper range but does the job fine (Well did) ! Says probelms with the Panasonic KX range so best to change. Obviously I don't want to fork out for a new phone but the good thing is they have offerered me 50 towards a handset which is great, probably trying to keep me quite as I've phoned so many time now !

So a question - Can anyone recommend a trio DECT cordless phone that has Caller Display that works on Sky Talk up to about 60 ? Want to try to avoid the Panasonics as these seem to be incompatible. Anyone got one of these ? Don't look bad ! Gigaset C300A Trio DECT Cordless Phone Set with Answer: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Another Caller Display problem

A sensible suggestion would be to take your phones to a friend's home and try on their Sky connection first.

It could be that something has damaged the circuitry inside the receiver unit, thus preventing Caller ID from working.

As for the phones that you are looking at, I can't personally comment.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

ads2312 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router:
      Thanks

Sky have said that my phone is one of the range that is no longer compatible, so guessing it wont work anywhere. Really just want to see if anyone can recommend one that does work.

drt1710 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Exchange name: Ammanford Exchange code: SWADW
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ads2312 View Post
      Sky have said that my phone is one of the range that is no longer compatible, so guessing it wont work anywhere. Really just want to see if anyone can recommend one that does work.
      I'm on Skytalk and using Bt Graphite cordless trio, works fine, answer machine works fine, caller Id works fine, good sound and ringer, and a certain shop has them at half price at the moment.

Pingtest: Line Quality A: Ping 48ms: Jitter 1ms: Server 50 mi
      Connection Speed: 5184/768: Attenuation: 31.5/52: Snr: 8/7.8