Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

to sky talk or not

This is a discussion on to sky talk or not within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, just putting feelers out about Sky talk. Today I have been hit with a second rise in line ...

doug.holmes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

to sky talk or not

Hi all, just putting feelers out about Sky talk. Today I have been hit with a second rise in line rental & call charges ( second rise within six months) from the increasingly greedy BT. I am thinking of trying Sky talk but before I make the decision would welcome any advice good or bad about sky talk ( I already have Sky Broadband)
      Many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: to sky talk or not

Quote Originally Posted by doug.holmes View Post
      Hi all, just putting feelers out about Sky talk. Today I have been hit with a second rise in line rental & call charges ( second rise within six months) from the increasingly greedy BT. I am thinking of trying Sky talk but before I make the decision would welcome any advice good or bad about sky talk ( I already have Sky Broadband)
      Many thanks.
      No complaints here. Free evening and weekend calls, cheaper line rental as well as saving you 5 a month on your broadband. No idea what BT are charging these days but assuming your exchange is LLU'ed and you already have a TV package my guess is you would be quids in changing to Sky.

One downside is apparently when you go fully onto the Sky Network it makes it somewhat harder to change again to other providers.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

I've been with Sky Talk & Broadband for some time now and haven't had any major issues.

Whilst there are period reports relating to individual telephone exchanges, many of the issues are also experienced by other providers as well (i.e. loss of power, cables stolen). Check out this section for Broadband issues:

Sky Broadband Service Status

Check SamKnows first to ensure that Sky has their equipment in your local exchange. I would not recommend the Sky Broadband Connect product and there are better alternatives available when this is the case.

As for moving away from Sky, should that day arise, as with most other LLU providers, there can be a delay in connecting to the new provider. In the past people have also complained that they could not take their telephone number with them too. However this should always be allowed under Ofcom rules.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

No issues what so ever with Sky Talk Unlimited & Sky line rental here either.

Sky offer me everything BT used to in terms of services available (1571, 1471 etc). The only thing Sky do charge for are 0845/0844 numbers which I believe some BT packages now include.

If you have not seen it yet, have a read of the Sky Talk tariff guide for more details.