Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LCFOM Phone Outage

This is a discussion on LCFOM Phone Outage within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Thanks Scubbie, No need to call them again now though. Believe it or not, the phone line has just become ...

orbiter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCFOM
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion 8800AXL R2
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: LCFOM Phone Outage

Thanks Scubbie,

No need to call them again now though. Believe it or not, the phone line has just become active again in the last minute or two, so all is well again.

I will contact Sky again though about a little bit of credit or something on the next bill for the inconvenience. I'll head over to My Sky now and try and find the page you're referring to re: compensation etc.

Thanks

orb

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

It's good to hear that you have your connection back.

As for compensation, I don't know where it may be listed, otherwise I would have posted a link. Having done a search, it seems that Sky keep this information hidden.

You are welcome to check their T&Cs: Sky Terms and Conditions - Sky Talk

The important thing to remember is that it is a domestic product, so you could only claim for 'reasonable out of pocket expenses' or for the inconvenience. If it were a business product, then you could claim for loss of earnings, etc.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Thanks Scubbie,

I quite understand about the compensation issue, I will only really be asking for the few 's for the cost of mobile calls and any recompense for the two day outage.

Regards

orb

Thanks

Was told by customer services that I would not be entitled to ANY compensation really apart from the loss of service charge which actually comes to about 43 pence.

After telling the guy (who kept calling me 'mate') that the previous adviser had said that we were entitled to something back for inconvenience, he agreed to a good-will gesture of 5, plus the 0.43p. Which is ok I guess. I'M really just glad that our phone is back on to be honest.

Regards

orb

Thanks

I never expected it to run into hundreds, but that is better than a kick in the teeth I guess.

It disheartens me when anyone does not get suitable feedback from their initial phone call.

A simple call could have been made much sooner to advise you that someone from BT would be looking at you line this afternoon, since they don't normally work on a Sunday.

I have had mine line cut through in the past. The actual damage affected 10 other homes as well. The damage was done on a Friday night, but only discovered on the Saturday morning.

I'm not sure which strings I pulled to get it done, but I managed to upset some of the neighbours when the BTO Engineer came (a Sunday morning) to my home first, when everyone else had been told that the soonest would be either Tuesday or Wednesday.

There were two engineers working on the fault for the rest of the day and all 10 lines were reconnected by around 6pm.

This was before I was with Sky and when I was on a trial with another ISP.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Agreed. I never expected a big cheque either, but as you say it's better than nought!

The engineers must have taken kindly to our problem as they got it sorted just before home time That is indeed if they only work between 9-5 which very I much doubt.

I'm still thinking that the original problem may have been due to the work which was carried out at the end of the road last week, and perhaps somehow a wire has become loose or dislodged etc. I did ask the three advisor's I spoke to at Sky but nobody could tell me what the problem was.

Hey at least when somebody cuts right through the phone wire you don't have to go crawling around on your hands and knees while the advisor's reads the script, whilst you're running up and down the stairs checking line filters and the master socket etc

Regards

orb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
      Hey at least when somebody cuts right through the phone wire you don't have to go crawling around on your hands and knees while the advisor's reads the script, whilst you're running up and down the stairs checking line filters and the master socket etc
      I did say that I wasn't with Sky at the time otherwise I am sure that I would have had to change the filters, bought a new phone...

(to anyone reading this, that is a joke )

Thanks

Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12