Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Signed up for Sky TV/BB/Talk package but only TV

This is a discussion on Signed up for Sky TV/BB/Talk package but only TV within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; My father in Law is a long term Sky customer but due to a long term stay in hospital had ...

kc1957 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151449
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Signed up for Sky TV/BB/Talk package but only TV

My father in Law is a long term Sky customer but due to a long term stay in hospital had to cancel sky. When we got a date for him coming out it was decided he would move to sheltered accomodation in a flat being a deaf, disabled octagenaraian. He asked me to sign him back up to Sky as he enjoys his sports and needs the telephone for access to family. On speaking with Sky I explained he was a returning customer only to be told he was deceased, what a surprise. Rather than argue I went for a new customer package and explained the urgency of the telephone instalation. There was a great deal of rigmarole about it being in a flat and it was eventually contracted out to ABCA for installation on the 31 Aug. The TV was installed on the 13 Sept and was an excellent job, the engineer was brilliant.

The emails said I would recieve a seperate communication about the telephone instal so on the 14 Sept still not hearing anything I called about a billing issue initially and asked about the telephone. I was told it was pending and we would receive a letter that week and it would be installed early next week. That was a bit slower than the 2 weeks quoated but acceptable. By Wed 21 Sept, still not hearing anything I contacted Sky only to be told there was no order in the system for the Talk and BB package.I explained that I had the email with the confirmation but because it wasn't on Sky system that didn't count. Strange that the mail came from Sky. I was then told that it was the responsibility of the subcontractor ABCA to place the order so now I have to manage Sky's third party's lol. I contacted ABCA who sent me a screenshot of the order yet again showing the full package with Talk and Broadband but no it wasn't in the Sky system so it couldn't be true.

I had to give uo as I need the phone for my Father in Law so placed the new order on the 21 Sept expecting approx a 2 week wait and hoping they would push 2 weeks having dropped the ball but what happens, the date arrives 12 October, suppose I should't have expected any better from the ongoing experience.

Lets hope the experience going forward is better.

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Signed up for Sky TV/BB/Talk package but only TV

This is quite the norm in telecoms these days. I had a late night last night and have been up since 8 today waiting for a BT engineer who I am pretty sure won't be turning up.

I know it's frustrating but all I can say is that you are not the only one. Cheer up