Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

International call charges

This is a discussion on International call charges within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am about to use just-dial an international pre-fix number websites for calling abroad. There are certain terms and conditions ...

Alpine is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

International call charges

I am about to use just-dial an international pre-fix number websites for calling
      abroad. There are certain terms and conditions which I have copied into my clipboard to go back to tommorow. Once read its quite complex in terms of sky itself being our provider and how that fits in with just-dials methods and its T&C's.

BT charges 12p connection after which your talk time is then 1.2p per minute to Spain in my case with just-dial. The condition is you must use there prefix number before the international code and number themselves. This is as far I can undertand it. While this is nothing new as prefix companies have been around a long time can you give me any advice with my situation. Also how will this relate to sky and how they charge us not being BT. Do we have to pay for a set up fee as well as a connection fee ?

This is what the customer services for just-dial told me in an email to me-

It would be recommended contacting your line rental provider (Sky) to confirm the Setup Fee charge and the rate for the call to the access the pre-fix number as shown above as 0844 720 0990 to Spain. This could potentially be classified as a premium rate number so you would need to confirm the full charge for the calls. I hope this information answers your query but if you have any further issues or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

I think its saying a prefixed number cannot always been recognised and the above action needs to be taken before I can do it.

So i take it I just ring sky. Is there any advice you can give me before I do so. I wondered if Sky could misunderstand and do something wrong with the set up.

Thanks very much.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: International call charges

Where are you calling? There is a long list of countries which are free to call with Sky Talk. I don't think Sky allow the use of any numbers which over-ride their system. Full details here -
      http://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/SkyTalkTariffGuide.pdf

Just noticed Spain is mentioned, that is one of the free call countries.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks I have not got an Unlimited package as the PDF suggests. Freetime is 11p a minute and no pre-fixes seem to be allowed

Thanks for your response before !

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you are making a lot of calls to one or more of the free internationals, it is probably well worth paying the extra 5 a month.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

we use a similar thing - telediscount - which has been a godsend as wife is Polish

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks any way for your answers.