Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TrueCall on Sky Line

This is a discussion on TrueCall on Sky Line within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have just taken up the 3 months free line rental offer with Sky moving from BT . I ...

nsp24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Starbeck
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

TrueCall on Sky Line

Hi,

I have just taken up the 3 months free line rental offer with Sky moving from BT.
      I have a TrueCall unit which has worked flawlessly for about 8 months this has gone haywire on the sky line. Basically it does not seem to recognise when a caller has hung up so the next call gets an engaged tone.

I rang TrueCall who were really helpful and they are sending out a replacement for me to try but I find it hard to believe that it is faulty and I am worried that the replacement will do the same.

Has anyone got a trueCall working on a Sky line, anyone else had any problems?

I have a nasty feeling that I will be tied to a 12 month contract but I do not want to be without the brilliant TrueCall unit.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: TrueCall on Sky Line

If you really are on Connect, this means you are still on the BT line and nothing has changed except who you pay for it, so there is a good chance the unit has developed a fault.

If you are not on Connect, you may have been moved to the SVBN. This would make a difference as your calls will be passing through completely different equipment. A call to Sky Talk may be the best way, if your replacement device does not work properly.

I think Sky Talk can be configured to do most of what Truecall does, eg, not accept calls where the number is withheld and call barring specific numbers etc.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post

If you are not on Connect, you may have been moved to the SVBN. This would make a difference as your calls will be passing through completely different equipment. A call to Sky Talk may be the best way, if your replacement device does not work properly.

I think Sky Talk can be configured to do most of what Truecall does, eg, not accept calls where the number is withheld and call barring specific numbers etc.
      No I was not on connect, but I dont know what they have moved me to apart from it being with Sky.

I know they provide a lot of the services that the TrueCall unit does but I think they charge about 2.50 for each one!

I did ring Sky but they did not know of any problems and the guy I spoke to had not heard of one anyway, he is going to ring me this Friday to see if the new unit works.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Strange my siemens gigaset phone is having problems when it goes onto answer phone!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

^^^^^^^
      Do you have the Sky Voicemail function enabled(1571)? This may interfere with your own answer machine.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had the sky voice mail turned off as soon as I realised it was on.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got my new trueCall today and it is working fine
      It is a Model TC3 the old one was TC2

The woman I spoke to was fantastic and she transfered all my settings from the old unit to the new one.

Well done to truCall after all it was me changing my line that caused the problem and they changed the unit foc.

So if you have a Sky line and want trueCall make sure you get a new latest model.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

update

still problems with the answer phone, having to go back to a bt line