Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Line Rental

This is a discussion on Sky Line Rental within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I presently have Sky Talk as part of a Sky package, but continue to pay BT for the line rental. ...

Bingo Little is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01903
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Sky Line Rental

I presently have Sky Talk as part of a Sky package, but continue to pay BT for the line rental. Sky are offering to add Line Rental for 3 months free and thereafter 1.65 pm cheaper than BT.

That seems worth doing, but will I lose anything by leaving BT altogether?

I don't use 1571 as I have an answering machine, and I don't use Caller Display.

I find 1471 useful. The Sky salesperson tells me that, with Sky Line Rental, I can get the BT 1471 service on Sky by dialling 1571, even if I don't want to use voicemail. Is that right?

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Line Rental

1571 will go to Sky Voicemail.

To get the 1471 service working on Sky Talk, you just dial 1471 as normal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to User05 For This Useful Post:

Bingo Little (20-07-11)

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Line Rental

You do indeed get 1471 and an 1571 for no extra cost on Sky line rental (the new Sky 1571 is actually much better than the current BT version)

At the time of ordering , you need to specify what extra add-ons you require (if any). Caller ID is also a free add-on.

You do have to opt into 1571 to receive it so as you don't require this just don't add it on to the order. You could always add it on later if you changed you mind.

Having switched from BT to Sky for my line several months ago, I've never looked back since and will never go back to BT now!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to James_Mitchell For This Useful Post:

Bingo Little (20-07-11)