Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do i really have to cancel my phone service??

This is a discussion on Do i really have to cancel my phone service?? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; My service was interupted due to non payment of bill. My phone was in the condition of outgoing calls barred ...

KEITHMON is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: aberdeen kincorth
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Do i really have to cancel my phone service??

My service was interupted due to non payment of bill. My phone was in the condition of outgoing calls barred which meant that I could receive calls. The bill was paid and was told that my phone would be on within 72 hrs.....120 hrs later I call sky to find out that they will have to cancel my account and restart which will entail a new number and 3 weeks to have the phone put back on.
      They say that there is no way to keep the same number....ridiculously if I don't cancel and get reinstated I can still use the same number to receive calls.
      Calling BT they have told me that I can go back to them and keep the same number......
      TOTALLY CONFUSED. !!!!!!!!!!
      Can't believe that if I accept the ridiculous offer I will be without a phone for a minimum period of 3 weeks and with a new number which will be really inconvenient...
      Can this be the only solution they have or is it just that this is the easiest thing for them to do?????

2. Advertisement
      nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Do i really have to cancel my phone service??

SOunds to me that they have ceased your services. I know that if you don't pay your bill for x amount of time they send you a couple of letters out then will cease your phone line. Sounds to me like this has happened and once the process starts there isn't a way of stopping this. Warning letters would have been sent though.