Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Charged for calls not made

This is a discussion on Charged for calls not made within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I noticed on my last statement that I had been charged for calls to 2 mobile numbers that I knew ...

Rachel.Verdonkschot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Charged for calls not made

I noticed on my last statement that I had been charged for calls to 2 mobile numbers that I knew had not been made. Decided to ring the numbers involved to see who they belonged to. The first number went straight through to voice mail and despite leaving messages to be called back I have not heard anything. Bizarrely on ringing the second number it belonged to a guy that I have arranged to rent an apartment from in Spain later on this year through the Owners Direct website. I had only ever communicated with him via email and he was also surprised to hear that I had apparently been ringing his mobile and the calls to both numbers coincided with when he was in Spain himself over Christmas and New Year. It appears from my bill that the calls are linked and the one I have left messages on is an Orange PCS number. I believe that PCS stands for personal communication services and relates to contracts with Orange that allow access to calls/emails etc whilst abroad. Owners Direct have stated that they have not passed my land line number onto any third parties but I feel it is more than a coincidence that one of the numbers is linked to someone that I have only ever communicated with via email. Sky have said that they will investigate (not sure how long that will take!!) but basically accused me of lying as there had been other calls made (undisputed ones) on the days that the disputed calls have been made. I am very curious to know how this could have happened and wondered if anyone had had a similar experience. I know for a fact that these calls have not been made from my phone!! Any ideas??

2. Advertisement
      mi3fbt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NIWBY
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Charged for calls not made

hi

There is many causes to this problem.. Possible causes could be: does someone else live with you who possibly could of made the calls? Is it a cordless phone you are using and if it is is it possible that the numbers could of been dialled from that phone due to accidental button pressing or even a handset fault??? First thing that came to mind is a possibility of a crossed line but if these numbers known to you then that dismisses the possibility of a line fault... i personally would keep an eye on this and if it happens again it could be handset fault as in the handset is dialling numbers without your knowledge... Even try and delete the numbers from your handset if it stores last dialled/received and that should stop the issue happening as sky servers cannot dial any numbers unless they are dialled from the property or from a crossed line... Hope this helps...