Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Very quiet outgoing and no broadband

This is a discussion on Very quiet outgoing and no broadband within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello all, My father just phoned me and i could hardly hear him, he was very very quiet. After speaking ...

kinchy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Very quiet outgoing and no broadband

Hello all,

My father just phoned me and i could hardly hear him, he was very very quiet.
      After speaking to him on the mobile it seems its a problem his end as hes quite on all our phones. He is with Sky Talk.

I then suggested he tried to get on the internet, but that isnt working (cant get connection). Hes on Sky boradband Connect (i think its connect)

Any idea on what this could be ?

Ta
      Sky+HD - Samsung LE-A656 - Onkyo 606 - KEF KHT2005.3 - Samsung BD-P1500 - Xbox360

iPhone users - SkyUser is now on Tapatalk

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Very quiet outgoing and no broadband

Most times this is caused by an internal wiring or set-up issue. Get your Father to do the following:

- Unplug all the devices in the house plugged into any telephone socket(s) in use (sky tv, broadband, phones, splitters, filters etc.)
      - Plug the phone directly into the master socket without any filters or any other devices. Just the phone.
      - Test whether calls are still faint.

If they're still faint from the master socket: If he has a test socket (link below to explain if needed), then plug the handset directly into the test socket and again test whether the line is still faint. If they're still faint from the test socket, then he may want to try another handset (preferably corded) into the test socket. Again, if it's still faint then this needs logged to Openreach as a fault, so he will need to call Sky to progress that assuming he has WLR with Sky. If the line rental is still with BT, then it's 0800 800151.

How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

If calls are fine from the master socket: Plug the router into the filter with the short grey dsl cable and test whether the internet light (@ symbol) comes on. If so, then it's a set-up issue, in which case make sure every single socket is filtered correctly and systematically plug every device back in until you find what's causing the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'd be the standard way to diagnose this type of issue - seems a bit long when typed over a forum, but should only take 5-10 minutes!