Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Quiet week - no incoming calls!

This is a discussion on Quiet week - no incoming calls! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I realised on Tuesday that I had no incoming calls when received email from a friend checking I was home ...

jmd1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01909
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quiet week - no incoming calls!

I realised on Tuesday that I had no incoming calls when received email from a friend checking I was home and alright as she my phone kept ringing and I was not replying! Checked with mobile and no ring. My phone rental and well as talk provided by SKY. So contact SKY and then via emails checked socket/filters etc and was told would go to Customer Solutions Team and be deal within 72 hrs. Still no joy after 72 hrs[now another 24 hrs has passed as well] so have pestered the poor girl at Customer Service with regular emails and she is apparently having a colleague look into it this weekend as to why no response. Have given my mobile number for contact but due to being hard of hearing rarely use this as not as easy to hear on it.
      I am still waiting to get some sort of response from SKY CST Team as to what has happened to my phone line! I can make calls but not receive them and it is very very annoying!

Apart from phoning/emailing how else or what else am I supposed to do?

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Quiet week - no incoming calls!

Nothing else you can do, chances are Sky are waiting for BT to do the call.

I currently have a call out for BT because my line has gone very noisey an I cannot hold on to a dial tone, reported it on the 9th Dec and they has estimated the 14th for repair and I still use BT for my line.

Luckily for me, they have diverted the house phone to my mobile and I can still use the internet although the noise margin does sometimes drop to 0 and then takes a few minutes to come back up again before I can use it.