Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Number Reallocated By Sky!!!

This is a discussion on Number Reallocated By Sky!!! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am hoping someone could offer me way of advice, I'm currently a customer with TalkTalk, been a few hiccups ...

DitaVonTee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Number Reallocated By Sky!!!

I am hoping someone could offer me way of advice, I'm currently a customer with TalkTalk, been a few hiccups along the way but nothing that wasn't sorted quickly, so, have been happy to stay with them.

However, on the 23rd November my partner came home from work and alerted me to a problem with the line, he'd been trying to reach me, but kept getting this strange voice on the other end of the phone when dialling our number. He tried a few more times knowing he was dialling the correct one only to be told by this strange voice that answered the phone, that she'd recently had her ''Skyline'' put back on after spending almost two years being disconnected on our number, now since the 23rd I have been able to make outgoing calls, but all my calls are being intercepted by this woman, bank, partners place of work tried calling him on the 24th, my childrens school had been trying to reach me and I am also having a party a week today which has took a lot of organizing, infact months and months, caterers been trying to call me, entertainments trying to call me etc..One of my services has been cancelled due to the fact they couldn't reach me at home, loosing me my service as well as the deposit for that, all because Sky have decided to take it upon themselves to reallocate their customers number back to them when having their services switched back on after almost two years of having it disconnected.
      I called TalkTalk on the 24th to report this problem, they been digging a big hole since then which has mounted to nothing, was supposed to be taking 48 hours to reinstate everything proporly, I am still waiting.

Sky refuse to speak to me point blank because of the ''data protection act'' but seem quite happy that all our calls are being recieved by their customer

I called Ofcom end of last week to try and find a resolution through them but they've said this will take 8 weeks to investigate and that I should write to Sky stating what I would like to happen, done that still waiting.

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to get my services fully operational?? As I am now at my wits end with no one not being able to reach me at home!! Don't want to change my number, had it for almost two years - plus this hasn't been offered to me anyway so even if it had, I would refuse point blank as everyone I know has this number and whats to say it won't be happening again at some point in the future should I change it.

So, advice as to the next stage please any advice will be gratefully recieved as the problem has been ongoing since the 23rd November.

I've sent emails addressed to Jeremy Darroch had no response after over a week, and now sent on a written complaints to Sky and awaiting a response, but in the meantime, my services are still rendered absolutely useless

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Number Reallocated By Sky!!!

Call 17070 on your landline and confirm the number that is called back to you. Does your broadband work at all? It sounds as if you have a crossed line issue, and with Talk-Talk being your CP, it's up to them to raise a fault to Openreach.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Call 17070 on your landline and confirm the number that is called back to you. Does your broadband work at all? It sounds as if you have a crossed line issue, and with Talk-Talk being your CP, it's up to them to raise a fault to Openreach.

I've done that as told to by my providers, it is my number coming back to me when I dial 17070. It's definately not a crossed line, talktalk have confirmed to me that Sky decided to take it upon themselves to ''steal'' the number back for their customer!! My broadband is fine, I can make outgoing calls, I can however not receive any incoming calls whatsoever - they are all being received by Sky's customer using the same telephone number as myself!

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Odd. The next thing that I thought of was perhaps the line had been slammed, but seeing as your circuit is still active on your correct telephone number and outgoing calls are fine, then that rules that out.

I can only imagine the correct route to pursue the issue would be to report it to Talk Talk's tech support. You're likely looking at some kind of exchange issue, and as I understand it, Talk Talk offer MPF service and therefore I can imagine it will have to get escalated to some kind of Network escalations team. What exactly happened when you called them?

Edit: You could create a thread in Talk Talk's forums and see what they can come up with if you're having no luck on the phone:

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

Exchange:
      Thanks

See, this is what I am up against TalkTalk are doing as much as they can to re-instate everything to full working order ie, getting my line fully operational I have two people dealing with this, their customer services manager and the tech support manager I now have what is being called a ''level 3'' complaint by TalkTalk themselves, Sky on the other hand are being rather flippant regarding the issue at first refusing point blank to discuss things with TalkTalk about anything due to the ''data protection act''.......... until they we're called up by Ofcom at TalkTalks request, last conversation I with TalkTalk which was Monday they we're in the process of contacting Openreach and attempting further discussions with Sky.

Still, things are moving at a snails pace because Sky are doing everything they can not to co-operate.

I'm sorry about the exclamation marks etc and all, it's just been really distressing knowing my personal calls are being received by someone else...

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This is what happens when two phone lines have the same number allocated to them, one will accept incoming calls and one can make outgoing calls.

This happened to me a few years back when I tried to port my number from NTL back to BT.

NTL weren't not bothered about moving the number and so had left it live on their circuit and "would get round to it sometime".

It required a lot of complaining and threats of legal action from a solicitor to get it sorted.

I would try and contact the ombudsman , OTELEO,

Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman - Home

and see what help they can give, the ombudsman is a better bet than OFCOM as the ombudsman is meant to help with individual cases and can fine a company at fault quite heavily.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!