Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Incoming Calls

This is a discussion on No Incoming Calls within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Only been with sky talk for seven days and already tearing my hair out. My landline is fine for ...

Dandysparkles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No Incoming Calls

Hi, Only been with sky talk for seven days and already tearing my hair out. My landline is fine for making outgoing calls but if anyone tries to ring me it just disconnects and says "wrong number". I have double checked by ringing my mobile from landline and the number has not changed. I am getting nowhere with Sky who tell me that the phone is ringing normally with them on a line test, bearing in mind they tested it again today when I was actually on the phone in question to them and they told me it was ringing normally - how can that be when I was on hold to them !!

Any advice about what it could be would be really appreciated, I explained to them that I work in our local hospital and need phone access for on call duties and they really do not care told me it will be at least next Tuesday before it gets looked at in the exchange and then possibly longer if house call needed.

Wishing I had stayed with BT at the moment !

Jackie x

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: No Incoming Calls

If this happened ever since the move to Sky, then it's likely an exchange issue. However, you're best running through the basics first (unless you already have). They would consist of trying a known working handset (tested at a neighbour's house for instance) directly into the test socket with no other equipment connected to the circuit.

If you're still unable to receive calls after the above, then you need to get onto Sky. To make the call easier for yourself, if you are in the test socket when you call with the phone being the only thing connected then Sky will ask nothing more. They'll test the line; if it passes, then it'll be escalated to a team to log the fault to Openreach; if it fails, then the fault will be straight logged to Openreach without having to escalate. After it is logged to Openreach, you're looking at up to 72 hours for an update/resolution.

Dandysparkles is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi,
      Thanks for the quick reply, I have checked handset in my friends house and it was ok, so it looks like I will have to be patient and wait for sky to sort it out, you dont realise how much you miss the damn thing until it does not work, but at least I can ring out !

Jackie x

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It depends whether you are on the SVBN (Sky Voice & Broadband Network) or WLR (Wholesale Line Rental) - but you should be passed to the correct dept. when you call through. If someone suggests they are running line tests with you on the landline, then they're straight up talking nonsense, as it cannot be done. Standard procedure is to call back on a mobile and then test the line. Either way, it'll end up logged to Openreach.