Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

My phone number has changed?!?!

This is a discussion on My phone number has changed?!?! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; A long story short: My landline has been down since last saturday, the line was completely silent when off the ...

AMK
      AMK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

My phone number has changed?!?!

A long story short: My landline has been down since last saturday, the line was completely silent when off the hook, and when I called it from a mobile I got a ringing tone, but the actual phone did not ring. Thoughout all of this my internet connection was not affected. I had done all the trouble shooting steps, and definitely established it was not my setup at home to blame.

I rang sky, they did a line test and told me it's most likely a fault at the exchange and that BT will need to look at it. Yesterday I get a text from sky saying BT need access to my property, and I need to make an appointment for them to visit. BT were supposed to come today, but they didn't turn up -but that not even the issue!

This morning my internet connection went down, and then my phone line was back up, I thought it was all sorted, but no! I then started to get calls asking for someone called Andrew (not me!). I ended up calling my mobile from my landline and my mobile displayed a completely different phone number! Andrew eventually rang his own number and got me, he is also a Sky customer, but thats all I managed to get out of him, I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm trying to pull some sort of scam on him lol.

I've tried calling sky 3 times now, been on hold for 20 minutes and then get cut off being told I need to try again

Who knows what the hell is going on?! Someone has obviously messed up somewhere. Anyone from sky on here that can help me out? It's starting to get a bit ridiculous now...

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: My phone number has changed?!?!

Sounds like Openreach have came out and of course fixed the no dial tone issue, but crossed the line whilst they're at it. Call ZOE on 17070 and confirm the number that is called back to you. Note down the number and call Sky back up on 08442410515. Should just be a case of logging it back to Openreach.