Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky talk is a joke!!!!

This is a discussion on Sky talk is a joke!!!! within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have sky talk along with everything else sky can offer me. I have spent six hours on the phone ...

pete9288 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky talk is a joke!!!!

I have sky talk along with everything else sky can offer me. I have spent six hours on the phone with sky in the last 3 days trying to get someone to sort out the excess noise on my phoneline. In addition to this my broadband is down to 0.11 mbps download. A have jumped through the hoops and used the test socket and they can still not fix it. Supposedly a BT engineer has checked the line and all is good. What a load of BS. When a sky representative has to call me on my mobile so they can hear me and i can hear them, obviously there is a problem. Any ideas of what i can do????

2. Advertisement
      spud_gun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Re: Sky talk is a joke!!!!

OK what you need to do here:- Unplug everything apart from one phone from the Master socket, this includes BB and associated microfilters, also if the Sky set-top box connects to the phone line that as well.

If the noise is still there try a second handset, preferably corded, in the master socket, if the noise is still there, try both phones in the Test socket, if available, if the noise is still there ring Sky, explain the fault, explain what you've done, they'll then run a test on the line, then if your SVBN, IF THERE IS NO FAULT, tell them that you need an LL4 (Noise on the line within the first 28 days), or an LL12 (Noise on the line without the first 28 days), they'll then read you the mandatory statement and after acceptance, they should book an engineer to visit the property.
      Last edited by spud_gun; 18-09-10 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added a little bit to paragraph 2, for clarity.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Already been done and bt have said they have repaired the line. Funniest thing is that when I was on the phone to sky for the umpteenth time I received a text saying your line has been repaired. So I read the text to the supervisor I was speaking to and laughed. No such thing as customer service in this country anymore. I wouldn't be that worried but I pay sky over 100 a month for the privilege of not getting service properly!!!

MMAFan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete9288 View Post
      I have sky talk along with everything else sky can offer me. I have spent six hours on the phone with sky in the last 3 days trying to get someone to sort out the excess noise on my phoneline. In addition to this my broadband is down to 0.11 mbps download. A have jumped through the hoops and used the test socket and they can still not fix it. Supposedly a BT engineer has checked the line and all is good. What a load of BS. When a sky representative has to call me on my mobile so they can hear me and i can hear them, obviously there is a problem. Any ideas of what i can do????
      Never seen the word 'I' spelt incorrectly before

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Can I just check.

If you unplug the router all together does the sound disappear?

I had this problem and it was the router leaking onto the voice side. All filters were changed and the only think that sorted it was a new router.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete9288 View Post
      Already been done and bt have said they have repaired the line. Funniest thing is that when I was on the phone to sky for the umpteenth time I received a text saying your line has been repaired. So I read the text to the supervisor I was speaking to and laughed. No such thing as customer service in this country anymore. I wouldn't be that worried but I pay sky over 100 a month for the privilege of not getting service properly!!!
      Sky have acknowledged there is a fault and sent out an Openreach engineer - there's not much more they can do in these circumstances.

What kind of noise is it? Crackling? Popping? Whistling?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

BT have told Sky they have done the repair and no doubt charged them for their work, the line is still faulty and you are blaming Sky instead of the bodge job done by Openreach? Sky rely on Openreach to be honest about their work and since Openreach are the only staff allowed into the exchange there is little they can do except send them back again and again until they fix this properly.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Its a crackling/hissing noise on the line. It makes no difference if the modem is on or not. I understand it is probably a BT problem but i'm paying sky good money so should expect them to repair it first time.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

And Sky should expect BT Openreach to fix a fault when asked, BT Openreach have failed Sky and in doing so have failed you.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Fair one!! Just a case of hurry up and wait then???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast