Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Transfering calls to Sky

This is a discussion on Transfering calls to Sky within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I currently have a renewable contract with BT . Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan. This contract ends 15/8/2010. When I ...

LyndyLou is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rayleigh (EARAY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Transfering calls to Sky

I currently have a renewable contract with BT. Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan. This contract ends 15/8/2010. When I called to cancel the renewal of the contract I was told that this was not necessary if I only wanted to tansfer calls to Sky. Was told that contract only required line rental to be left with BT for the next 12 months and that I could transfer calls to Sky with no penalties. No requirement to make any calls through BT. I do not have 1571 answering service enabled and was told there would not be a charge for caller display as there was no requirement on my account to make any calls to receive it free of charge. Can anyone advise whether they think I have been given correct information.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Transfering calls to Sky

I have rental with BT and calls with Sky. The caller display is part of the Rental charge and to get it free you have to make a minimum of 2 calls a month through BT. This is an extract from my account-
      BT Caller Display
      22 Jul 10
      The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 6
      chargeable or inclusive calls per quarter or more with BT

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

LyndyLou is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rayleigh (EARAY)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply Isitme. I thought that was the case re the caller display charges but can you confirm whether I need to cancel the rolling contract to transfer calls to Sky and go back to the Weekend plan or whether I can remain on the Evening and Weekend plan at no extra cost with 12 month renewable contract and still transfer calls to Sky.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I am pretty sure if you transfer your calls to Sky, it has to be all of them. You can't have evening and weekends with BT and the rest with Sky. The difficulty with getting the caller display free is making calls through BT. I don't know how you can do it now, at one time it was fairly easy, but now, even if you use a bypass number, it is still routed through Sky.

The latest offer I have from BT is Rental at 9.49 a month, the catch is you have to pay a year in advance. I am thinking of taking it as it would offset some of the Caller Display charge.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.