Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help and Advice needed

This is a discussion on Help and Advice needed within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Good afternoon. I am writing on here because i am at the end of my tether with Sky. I signed ...

hawkinssquall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01702
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help and Advice needed

Good afternoon.

I am writing on here because i am at the end of my tether with Sky. I signed up to have Sky HD with Multiroom subscription along with Sky unlimited broadband and Sky Talk. My TV went in without a problem and the installer was very nice except i had to drill my own holes because he didnt think his drill would go through the ceiling?? Anyway:- Sky were due to activate my telephone line this past Tuesday between 8 and 1. I took the morning off work because of this and when 1 o'clock came arond i called them to see where they were. I was then told that there was no need for me to wait as they could do it remotely so i had basically wasted my whole morning waiting for them when i didn't need to. I was told that they would get my phoneline sorted out by the end of that day and to call them if when i got home from work that evening.
      When i got home at 9pm my phone line had still not been sorted out so i called them again to be told after waiting 30 minutes on my mobile that it would now be done within 48 hours. Obviously i was annoyed as i am now already paying for my subscriptions without being able to use my services. I called them on Thursday again as the line had still not been connected to then be told it would be another 24 hours. I tried them exactly 24 hours later after it still not working to be told that it was with the order management team who i asked to speak to. I was told that they do not have telephone lines and there was nobody from that team availiable to speak to me. I am now over 100 hours after expecting my line installed with still no phone line and i have come to an internet cafe to use this forum. When i signed up with sky i was talked into having the telephone line and broadband and cancelled an order i had already placed with bt to provide my services, i now wish i hadn't. I have always championed sky to everybody and now i will never recommend them to anyone.
      Does anybody have any advice on how i can deal with this to make sure that my line is working as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Help and Advice needed

Sky rely on BT to do the actual work, if BT is delaying them or has let them down, there is nothing they can do other than to rebook the work and hope it gets done.

hawkinssquall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01702
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I do understand that however my contract is with Sky and not BT, in my job we rely on other suppliers also but it is our responsability to ensure that everything is right before the job goes ahead, if a supplier lets us down we act on it straight away and the problem is sorted. I believe the service sky is providing me is just not right or acceptable, i am now 154 hours on and still have no telephone line or broadband and unable to work from home like usual so now have an additional cost of hiring desk space at a local business center.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I was not excusing Sky, they are your supplier but they cannot make BT get there any quicker.

All they can do is to keep harrasing BT until they turn up, this is not something Sky do very well and seem to just leave it until it eventually gets sorted.