Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

loud screaming on phone help

This is a discussion on loud screaming on phone help within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by User05 Result. What issue did the NOC find in the end? i think so all i had ...

jameshorton2005 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 200mtr away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 1tb upgrade
      Thanks

Re: loud screaming on phone help

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Result. What issue did the NOC find in the end?
      i think so all i had was there txt saying it was fixed so fingers crossed thay offerd me free hd for a year but i asked for talk line rent to be waved for a year saveing me money

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

no luck on the line rent they offered my hd or 20 pml pass this number around
      its Jeremy Darroch office
      Executive Support Team 08442 411646.

e-mail conversation follows

Dear Deremy Darroch

Firstly i would like to bring to the attention of your self of the endless complaints and hours or possibly days me and my wife have spent complaining about the service from sky talk. Our new phone line by sky we moved from bt in i think it was march and from the day we switched we have had a less than good service a loud hissing/screaching down the phone at times we had to start using our mobile phones to make calls from.
      Bt / openreach have been out to our address on numerous occasions and have not fixed the problem even though on one occasion the bloke had to try 3 times to make a phone call. I started to look in to the problem myself using sky user and starting my own blog. I requested the NOC team and asked john to visit our house and at his time of visit just our luck no noise after his own tests on the line to he came to no conclusion he asked us to collect numbers times dates to sift through them.
      Now about 7 agonizing months of time consuming phone calls waiting in for BT the problem seems to be solved it has not just been our line that has had the problem i changed my farther in law to sky and he had the same problem of the noise now we finally can use our phone to the standard we expect from sky the fastest growing provider with a customer base of 9,956,000 as you will agree some things do slip through your customer services standards and i honestly feel let down.

Secondly i would like to say how good your internet is with a good price and good speed and congratulations on not traffic shaping on your network

thank you for the time in reading this email

---------------------------------

Thanks for your recent e-mail to Jeremy Darroch which has been passed for my attention. I tried to call you this afternoon on both your mobile and landline and left a message to say I called.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of Sky for the delay you experienced in Sky resolving this problem, along with my assurance that details of your complaint have now been passed to the teams concerned, to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

I am pleased to hear that the problem with noise on your line has now been resolved and trust that you'll experience no further difficulties.

I would like to arrange to enhance your viewing service and see that whilst you own a Sky+HD box which was installed in July this year, you do not currently have the HD subscription. By way of an apology, I'd like to arrange for you to receive the HD subscription, free of charge for the next 12 months, which is a saving of 120.00.

Please reply to my e-mail to advise whether you'd like me to arrange this for you Mrs Horton.

Should you wish to contact me to discuss this matter further, please reply to my e-mail or phone me direct on 08442 411646.

Best regards

Jacqui Craig
      Service Excellence Consultant
      Executive Support Team

----------------------------

Thank you for your quick response to my email regarding the noise on our line and thank you for your offer of free hd but if i am honest the hd pack was removed due to not watching it and your offer is worthless to us if i can make a suggestion of line rental for the same period as it is the closest price match to your offer of hd

PS our hd box was installed in October 2009 not July this year lol

------------------------------------------

Thanks for getting back to me to confirm that the noise on your line has been resolved.

The Sky Anytime+ update was being rolled out to all of our customers from Tuesday 26th October and will be made available to your equipment soon. We have no update on when this process will be complete, but would ask that you keep your HD box connected to the phone line at all times, to make sure you receive all of the updates and software required.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Sky+HD and that you previously decided to cancel this. You mention an offer including free line rental and I regret to advise that this special offer is not currently available. This is the reason that I made an offer on HD for you as you currently have offers added to your account for viewing and your extra subscription services. A standard offer has also been added for broadband and as I mentioned earlier, we have no offers for line rental or telephone services.

As my offer is a goodwill gesture towards the inconvenience you've experienced, I could arrange to place a viewing credit of 20.00 on your Sky account to be offset against future billing. I realise that this doesn't compare to the offer made against HD however, a promotional offer can be made at a greater value without justification. A gesture of goodwill can only be made as a token gesture.

I realise that this is not the response you were looking for James and trust that my response helps clarify matters for you.

I hope that you won't hesitate to reply.

Best Regards

Jacqui

--------------------------------------

Don't get me started on keeping our box connected to the phone line that's another can of worms. From the day we changed to sky talk i had to ring up every month to get a refund of 17 take a look at our past bills it always has been connected to the phone but they don't ring back even after sky eng call out. so i think im excluded from the call back now after all the complaints iv made about over charging of 17 and that only got resolved last month. Im on first name terms with all your call center staff !

I find your offer of 20 insulting as using mobile phones to make calls when we should of had a working phone line is much more expensive and as i mentioned before we didn't relay watch hd

if there your only offers we will take the hd you offers but i would like to make it clear i am still not happy with the result

Regards

--------------------------------

I am sorry that you're unhappy with my offer to you, I would be willing to include the 20.00 viewing credit on your Sky account along with free HD for 12 months in settlement.

As I advised earlier, you are currently receiving special offers on all other products on your Sky account that are available and I don't know of anything else that I can arrange for you. I realise that you did suggest free line rental, which I would have arranged if it were available, and wonder whether you have any other suggestions that you would like considered.

I look forward to hearing from you James regarding my revised offer or alternative suggestion.

Best Regards

Jacqui
      Last edited by jameshorton2005; 29-10-10 at 10:48 AM.

Thanks

was i being to pushy lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345