Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

View Poll Results: do you feel the same hatred to technology that i do?

Voters
    2. You may not vote on this poll
    • yes

0 0%
    • yes i also feel like injecting my eyeballs with smack till i enrage

0 0%
    • no, i am one the lucky ones and technology has never let me down

2 100.00%

phone dials, but then no ringing and slight crackling noise :(

This is a discussion on phone dials, but then no ringing and slight crackling noise :( within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; After finally fixing my dads internet connect which is with sky the phone line decides to stop working. the DSl ...

django55 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

phone dials, but then no ringing and slight crackling noise :(

After finally fixing my dads internet connect which is with sky the phone line decides to stop working. the DSl line is fine the broadband connection is alllll goood. But the phone just wont work. I have tryed replacing micro filters and changing around all sorts of cables and using the test socket but nothing. I have also used other phones and still nothing. If there is anyone out there with the knowledge of how to fix this please i beg of you, tell me how to fix this

If I am unable to resolve this within 3 months I will become a hippy and rarely use technology ever again. I feel like smashing the phone to pieces and burning it. I feel like injecting smack into my eyeballs till i enrage.

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: phone dials, but then no ringing and slight crackling noise :(

If it doesnt work from the test socket then it's a line fault and you need to get SKY to arrange a BT engineer visit.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You will have to report the fault to your phone rental provider. Don't want to worry you, but I have seen cases like this where the phone gets fixed and the broadband disappears.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

From your description that the broadband is fine, but the phone line is experiencing issues, I'd hazard a guess that you're on the sky voice and broadband network (SVBN).

Make sure you've unplugged all devices in the house and plugged a (preferably) corded phone into the test socket and also tried another handset. If you've done this and the problem still persists, then call up sky and you'll be passed to either WLR or SVBN tech. They'll run a line test, then the fault will get logged to openreach.

P.S. You'll likely be read a 'mandatory statement', which will go on about charges incurred for internal faults found by openreach, so make sure you're confident you've unplugged all devices in the house, tried the test socket with two phones and confirmed the problem still persists.