Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Change in terms and conditions can anyone help??

This is a discussion on Change in terms and conditions can anyone help?? within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I had a letter from sky this morning saying that another company was taking over broadband and sky talk but ...

RickT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Change in terms and conditions can anyone help??

I had a letter from sky this morning saying that another company was taking over broadband and sky talk but it was the same company that is supplying the television services. This was from 31st March.

It said that the contract would not have to start again just carry on as before (which is the thing I was concerned about when reading the letter). It did say that terms and conditions have changed and if we were not happy then we had to contact before 31st March to cancel or they would just keep taking money as normal as they will assume that we are happy to keep the new terms and conditions.

However the letter just says for example item 7.3 has changed but does not say what item 7.3 is and what has changed. It says that they can be found on the website and gives the address. Although I can find some terms and conditions I cannot find what has changed.

Sky have already agreed to allow me out of my BB Connect at no charge due to the poor speed i get at peak time, but will not allow me out of SKY TALK without charges..

Does this mean I can cancel SKY TALK within my 12 month contract at no charge ??

Cheers

Rick

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Change in terms and conditions can anyone help??

It certainly looks like you can refuse to accept the new Sky Talk terms and terminate your contract without penalty. This must be done before the 22nd March. If you are on the SVBN you may have to pay BT to reinstate your phone line.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

bjproc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Forfar
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      It certainly looks like you can refuse to accept the new Sky Talk terms and terminate your contract without penalty. This must be done before the 22nd March. If you are on the SVBN you may have to pay BT to reinstate your phone line.
      sorry to go a wee bit off topic

my mum has the free sky BB and sky talk + line rental from sky, if she left, would she need to pay BT for reconnecting her line, if so, how much?

cheers

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

BT are desperate to get customers back. They may even do it foc, with a long contract 18-24 months. The only way to find out is to ask. Phone them and tell them you/your mother are thinking of moving back to them, what can they offer?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.