Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0845 calls with Sky Talk

This is a discussion on 0845 calls with Sky Talk within the Sky Talk forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Yep deffo getting calls on the 1899 bill and the woman comes on the line from 1899 telling me 0p ...

dsldude is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 0845 calls with Sky Talk

Yep deffo getting calls on the 1899 bill and the woman comes on the line from 1899 telling me 0p per minute etc at the start of the call.

2. Advertisement
      Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newbuilder View Post
      TO dsldude. Are you sure you are getting calls on your 1899 bill. The way it works is Sky just disregards the codes at the beginning. You still get your call through but it is billed by Sky. There is no "Please redial this code is no longer accepted".
      Sky only block 1280 on BT lines. Other carrier codes are passed through, irrespective of whether you have line rental with BT or Sky. If the line has been switched to Sky's own BBV network, all indirect codes are blocked.

I have Sky Talk and Sky line rental and can still use indirect codes because I opted out of the BBVN switch over. I have evidence from my phone bills to support that!

gcatterall is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Holloway North
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

From the above post, it seems it whether you can use override providers such as 18185 does not depend on whether if you have sky line rental or BT line rental, but if you are on the Sky or BT BBV network..... Is that about right?

So, how do you opt out of the BBV network switchover?

Just opted to transfer from BT to Sky, but I thought 18185 would be allowed... I might need to cancel if I can't use 18185

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I'm not sure you will be able to opt out if it's a new connection, but it's definitely a question to ask (be wary of level 1 CS answers though - it will be whatever their script tells them to say). Don't tell them you want to use indirect carriers - it will probably confuse them. Just say you want to keep the possibility open of taking your line back to BT in the future.

Sky offered existing subscribers with line rental the option to stay on BT lines when migration to the new network started last year. As you were never on the 'old' network, there is nothing to migrate so you may be out of luck if you are in a BBVN enabled exchange (I suspect you are).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12